Author Topic: Covert Affairs - Monday October 18th  (Read 2658 times)

Offline vader1111

• View Profile
Covert Affairs - Monday October 18th
« on: October 14, 2010, 04:40:08 PM »
TV Tonight are reporting that Ch7 will be showing the final 2 episodes back-to-back, from 9:30pm.  There are obviously several secondary changes which result from this decision.

Offline cam

• View Profile
Re: Covert Affairs - Monday October 18th
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 10:51:10 PM »
Hmmm, surprisingly short lived series.
Win7, 2x Hauppague 2200

Offline vader1111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 09:11:44 AM »
Only 11 episodes in its first series.  It has been renewed for a 2nd season though.

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 02:08:40 AM »
Could you please note the message above the post editor
Please note: these forums are not constantly monitored by IceTV Support Staff.
and ensure to send this corrective information via the Contact Us page as directed - do not rely on posting EPG corrections here.

Clearly Ice were not aware of this and only set a single episode timer, looks like I'm on download duty to get the missed middle section (the timer had finished before we realised)!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:10:21 AM by mtb »
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Offline kadybee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 03:31:05 PM »
Yes, not impressed that a user can pick up the change but not IceTV!!  And, that change was posted here four days in advance of the screening!!

Offline wally3218

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 09:17:28 PM »
Bloody hell I missed the second eposide , what happened IceTV , channel 7 free guide had it.
Does this mean we have to double check eveything.
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 10:03:17 PM »
The IceGuide was correct and had been amended with plenty of time. I suggest checking your 'fetch' times.

Offline futzle

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 03:44:39 PM »
The IceGuide was correct and had been amended with plenty of time. I suggest checking your 'fetch' times.

With respect, some of us are on IceTV clients (such as EyeTV) which can only download guide data once a day and don't give users a choice as to what time of day the download happens at.  Mine seems to be at 3 am, for better or (in this case) worse.  For an EyeTV user, "plenty of time" is at least 24 hours.

I interpret the fact that there's an IceTV logo on my EyeTV EPG screen that you folks at IceTV are happy with EyeTV's use of the IceTV service, and endorse its once-a-day downloads of guide data as within-spec.  If that isn't the case, it would be nice to have something that I can take to Elgato as evidence that they have work to do with their IceTV implementation.

(To get back on topic, yes, I have missed this episode too.)

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »
Bloody hell I missed the second eposide , what happened IceTV , channel 7 free guide had it.
Does this mean we have to double check eveything.

There was something weird about this.  Of course I can't go back to check, but I saw the fact that it will be two episodes and I thought the timer was amended, but it wasn't for 2 hours (90 minutes, from memory) so I presumed that the two eps combined made it shorter.  With the 15 minutes padding I have on all shows, I still missed the last 15 minutes or so.
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline cam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Yep, I kind of recall the 90 minutes too.  Really wierd thing is I looked at the guide on the IceTV web site, and some time, late in piece I think, it did get changed to a 120 minute slot, 930 - 1130.  Dunno why my Win7 MC didn't update the timer: either Win7 fault (quite plausible), or the EPG that my PC downloaded wasn't updated (also plausible).

There does seme to be a few people here that had issue with this particular show.

As said, can't go back to the PC and go back in time to look at the EPG, as it doesn't let you see its old data.

Cam

There was something weird about this.  Of course I can't go back to check, but I saw the fact that it will be two episodes and I thought the timer was amended, but it wasn't for 2 hours (90 minutes, from memory) so I presumed that the two eps combined made it shorter.  With the 15 minutes padding I have on all shows, I still missed the last 15 minutes or so.

Share via facebook Share via twitter