Author Topic: Content (In)consistency  (Read 2253 times)

Offline mtb

• View Profile
Content (In)consistency
« on: January 03, 2009, 12:13:50 AM »
Hi folks

I know it's just a kids' show but...

Wed, 7 Jan, 7:00am - [REC] Toasted TV - Toasted TV 'The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron - Boy Genius / ...
Tue, 6 Jan, 7:00am - [REC] Toasted TV - Toasted TV 'Jimmy Neutron/ ...
Mon, 5 Jan, 7:00am - [REC] Toasted TV - Toasted TV 'Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (r)

It doesn't take a boy genius to perceive a marked lack of consistency in the Jimmy Neutron content of the programme and the question remains as to whether they are repeats or not.  While not of earth shattering consequences to me, my son might have other opinions and if it can happen to a kids' show it could easily happen to a more popular adult series.  Please can you review how you address content consistancy.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Kirben

Re: Content (In)consistency
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron - Boy Genesis at 7:00 AM on Toasted TV weekdays, are all repeats according to Ten's own TV guides.

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 01:47:18 PM »
Seems to me the laws (I thought TV stations are meant to mark repeats as such - unless shown on a different station, which is a great loophole) have been changed, or forgotten about, but lately more and more shows are repeats, on the same station, not marked as such.  One in particular I happened to notice by accident, (well, two) is The View and Ellen.  OK, I know that we are talking about nein, but just for the fun of it I checked on various guides, none showed them as repeats, yet all the shows last week were.  I usually have them running in the background while doing other things and I recognised the guests and Ellen was talking about the presidential debate at one stage.  Then there is 7 HD, which seems to show the same shows day after day.  Something to look forward to when we get all the "extra" channels?
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:12:38 AM »
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron - Boy Genesis at 7:00 AM on Toasted TV weekdays, are all repeats according to Ten's own TV guides.
Boy Genesis?!?!?  But surely that must be a new series?!?!? (snigger)
Seriously though, thanks for that.  It would seem that Ice have settled for the sub-title of "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron - Boy Genius" too so all is well with the world again.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations - Incorrect Episode Names and Content

Started by mstolly on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post March 29, 2018, 02:43:49 AM
by mstolly
xx
SBS Viceland content wrong on Sunday 9-July 6:30 - 8:30pm

Started by Mantorok on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post July 06, 2017, 11:34:07 AM
by Alison
question
Air Crash Investigations 7TWO 16-03-16 - Wrong content description?

Started by IanL-S on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post March 18, 2016, 07:01:37 AM
by IanL-S
xx
Getting content off external hard drive

Started by Carljh on SKIPPA

3 Replies
Last post February 09, 2016, 08:35:50 PM
by Dave at IceTV