Author Topic: Consistently incorrect guide  (Read 1401 times)

Offline gfish

• View Profile
Consistently incorrect guide
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:08:15 PM »
Hi all,

I hope that this isn't taken the wrong way and I'm certainly not whiging for the sake of it, however, I've noticed lately that the IceTV guides are often incorrect.

For example, my widget, Beyonwiz and iPhone app say that 7TWO is showing 'The Birdcage' at 9:30pm (Eastern State)...  The majority of online TV guides are correct - 'A Touch of Frost' is on instead.

I understand that the stations change often at the last minute, however, I don't understand why IceTV cant keep a correct schedule, like other free TV guides (for eg: yourtv .com .au).

I am paying for a service that is regularly not correct and must admit, I am getting quite fed-up with it.

I'd appreciate any advice and invite discussion. Thanks for listening. :)

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Consistently incorrect guide
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:47:02 PM »
I must say I tend to agree.  IceTV used to be very accurate, more so than any of the free TV guides, but this seems to have changed in the last few years.  I am not privy to the internal goings on at IceTV, but it seems to me they have reduced staff, so that would explain the reduction in services and accuracy.
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: Consistently incorrect guide
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »
Hi gfish,

Not sure why you were not seeing the updated information this time.

I can confirm that the guide information was updated on Monday morning at 10am with "The Birdcage" being removed and "A Touch Of Frost" being added. I can also see that your widget and Beyonwiz both updated the guide after this time so it should have shown the updated information (your iPhone however does not show an update of the guide after Saturday so I am not surprised it didn't show the updated information).

By default we don't log the content of messages to and from the IceTV servers for all users but I have enabled this on your account now, so if you can let us know if you see something like this again we should be able to get to the bottom of it and find out what is happening.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
MKR consistently missing end

Started by jazzymc on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies
Last post February 26, 2014, 10:48:37 AM
by Madeleine IceGuide