Author Topic: Channel 10 swings the axe!!!!  (Read 139 times)

Offline BazzaG

• View Profile
Channel 10 swings the axe!!!!
« on: September 03, 2019, 04:38:47 PM »
FYI ...

Saturday Night Rove has been axed on 10 after just 2 episodes.

It follows the show falling to just 138,000 viewers on Saturday after debuting to 244,000 the previous week. The lower numbers this week come despite no AFL or Cricket in the same slot.

Rove McManus said, “It was clear looking at the numbers that the audience we hoped would find a free-wheeling live show on a Saturday night just weren’t there. We spoke with 10 today and we both called it.

“The opportunity to play live in front of Australia again was fun, no matter how brief, and I would like to thank my amazing co-stars, the behind the scenes team and everyone at 10 who got behind Saturday Night Rove.”

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/09/axed-saturday-night-rove.html

And Saturday Night Rove replacement is .........

A repeat of the movie: Shrek 2.

Other upcoming movie replacements will be Sister Act and The Notebook.

Also, dumped by Ten from their Saturday evening schedule is the NatGeo documentary ... One Strange Rock which was previously on at 6:30pm.

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Channel 10 swings the axe!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 07:22:27 PM »
I have always been curious as to how ratings are calculated.  Certainly, no one has ever asked me what I watch.  :)

As it happens, I actually agree with this particular axing.  I used to love Rove, so was looking forward to it, but found it boring, so switched off halfway through the first ep.  I thought that maybe I've gotten older and my tastes have changed

However, I get very annoyed when a good show keeps having its time changed, so (unless people use something like IceTV) most people start missing episodes, and then they announce that they are axing it, as no one was watching it
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline BazzaG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:18:53 PM »
I have always been curious as to how ratings are calculated.  Certainly, no one has ever asked me what I watch.  :)

I to wonder the same. Decades ago, we were asked to participate in TV ratings. Back then, we had to fill out a book for each person in the household. Once our period was up, we told them not to came back any time soon.  These days I believe they use a "black box" but I still have questions about their accuracy.

As to the show itself, we recorded the 1st episode, watched it about an hour or so later to skip the ads, we didn't bother with the 2nd episode.

Offline Tiphanee

• IceTV Staff
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 10:58:02 AM »
Hi forum users -

Channel 10/Win has been updated on Saturday night to reflect the changes due to the axing of Saturday Night Rove.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
channel 44 Adelaide, no EPG content on and after 6 oct 2019 ?

Started by chopper on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post October 08, 2019, 09:39:06 PM
by chopper
xx
Glitch ... S02E06: Incorrect channel

Started by BazzaG on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post August 18, 2019, 07:14:30 PM
by BazzaG
xx
New openshop channel 75 issues