Author Topic: Changes to Allow for News Coverage  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Andy

• View Profile
Changes to Allow for News Coverage
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:28:09 AM »
Hi Ice,

Clearly a number of networks have changed their schedules to allow for extended news coverages.

While of little consequence in the big scheme of things, please can you watch out for '24' which was not shown as scheduled of Sunday night and 'How I Met Your Mother' which only showed the first of the scheduled shows.

I'm thinking mainly that the next time these shows are on then the show description will lag by one if you don't adjust i.e. the next '24' will be the 10:00 - 11:00 slot or whatever it should have been on Sunday and the next 'How I Met Your Mother' will be the Intervention episode which looked quite funny.

Cheers,

Andy

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Changes to Allow for News Coverage
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:25:15 PM »
'24' has been adjusted to the 10 - 11 episode for this Sunday Night (15th). Thanks for the tip. Cheers.

Offline MaximumWarp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »
Any chance the guide can be adjusted to reflect the extended news services? Apparently, all the commercial networks are continuing with extended news services, but IceTV hasn't been adjusted to show this. Also, a few more minor issues. I believe channel nine now refers to their news simply as "Nine News". They've dropped the National... even though it is national! lol!

Also, with the ABC 7pm news, there is no distinction made in the IceTV description to show that the SD channel (2) has local news where the HD channel (20) has NSW based news. It would be great if this could be added to the info as I was caught by this as someone who will naturally pick the HD alternative where available.

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 07:45:41 AM »
Hi

Many programming decisions are being made on the fly or are (very) late amendments but we're trying to keep as up-to-date as possible with the numerous changes.

With regards to Nine News; I think we will need to leave this as is. The program itself hasn't changed and as you pointed out, it is still national. If we change the title now then series recordings will be lost.

Unfortunately, the ABC only provides a guide for ABC1 and ABC2. One for ABC HD has been in the works for a while and when it is available we should be able to offer it too.

Thanks

Share via facebook Share via twitter

lamp
9Go! SID changes

Started by grumpy_geoff on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post June 23, 2019, 09:03:43 AM
by IanL-S
xx
SBS Viceland Changes

Started by Tezza007 on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies