Author Topic: Burn Notice - Monday 1st Sep  (Read 6812 times)

Offline martymonster

• View Profile
Burn Notice - Monday 1st Sep
« on: August 28, 2008, 01:58:38 PM »
I just checked the ICE Guide and it still shows the Movie - Step Up at 21:30.
Channel Ten has been advertising ON AIR and in their guide on their web site that Burn Notice is on at that time.

2 Episodes 20:30 and 21:30

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Burn Notice - Monday 1st Sep
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »
Thanks we're in process of changing that. TEN-HD will also have some programming moving earlier.

Offline martymonster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »
I was talking bout 10HD (Never watch SD any more on 7 9 or 10)  ;D

Vortical

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:07:50 PM »
I can't schedule recordings for Burn Notice or Torchwood

They have no icon and don't appear on the pvr, nor do they have a queued series icon next to them

When I select the shows it states they are part of a series recording though.

I've tried deleting the two series and adding them again but it yields the same problem.

Ice are you still working on this?

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »
Our guys are going to look into the issue and see if they can see anything in IceTV Interactive not behaving that may be causing this issue.

Having said this, we noticed that your are trying to use IceTV Interactive with the new Topfield TF7100 and as explained in the other thread (http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=1243.0) and in various sections of our website, Topfield have not yet released a stable firmware which totally supports IceTV Interactive.

We expect this development to be completed in the coming days and as soon as we have had adequate time to test their latest software we will notify all TF7100 users via email. Please register your interest via our "Contact Us" page (Title the query "TF7100" and direct it to "Sales"). (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact)

There was an issue with LCN's for Ch10HD and ABC1 in Sydney and Topfield have added a channel mapping feature for these channels. If you have further questions regarding the progress with their firmware update or would like to alert them to possible Channel Mapping issues we suggest you call Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 as unfortunately we have no control or influence over the development work or the time needed to complete it.

Regards,

IceTV

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Vortical

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 05:29:07 PM »
I've had no problems receiving timers for Ten HD in Perth until yesterday for series recordings.

The problem started happening after the IceTV EPG scheduling changed for these two programs as I'd had previous recordings setup to record Burn Notice (Series Recording), Movie: Step UP (Once Off) & Torchwood (Series Recording).

In fact I'm still continuing to receive Ten HD timers for future dates, it's just these two shows so I fail to see how this is an Issue with the Topfield.

Also thank you for taking a look into the Issue.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:35:55 PM by Vortical »

Vortical

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 03:25:57 PM »
Matt

I've deleted all devices and swapped them around making the 7100 the 1st device and the S1 the 2nd Device and the H1 the third device.
The Interactive EPG has now reversed the problems ie all the problems I had with the 7100 are now becoming problems on the S1.
So this is not a 7100 issue.

There is something seriously wrong with multiple devices and Setting/Changing/Deleting Timers within the Ice Interactive Guide.

I don't even know where to start but it's causing problems mostly by doing the following;

1. Back2back tv shows episodes set as series recordings and IceTV scheduling changes after timers are set (this also happens even without scheduling changes too as i discovered today), only the first eppisode is showing up to record sometimes even the first eppisode dissapears if the recording is scheduled for Device 2.
2. Deleting Shows that IceTV is automatcally sheduling by itself deletes timers before this show that are series recordings on the same channel.
3. Taking into account item 1 & 2 If the Series recording is scheduled for Device 2 (S1 in my case now) the recording icon dissappears but when you open the info on the program it states it's a scheduled series recording for Device 1 (7100) in my case.

I hope this makes sense to someone because trying to wrap my head around what the Interactive Guide is doing is giving me a major headache and it's making the whole Interactive experience a nightmare.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:35:30 PM by Vortical »

Vortical

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 04:27:12 PM »
Now Ice Interactive Wesbite is advising series recording failures (Yellow Warning Triangle) on Ice Interactive Device 2 (S1) for recordings that haven't even taken place yet?  ??? ??? ???

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 05:07:48 PM »
ICE doesn't track recordings, just timers.   So that would be timer failures of some kind.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Vortical

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »
The timers are in the future and wouldn't have taken place yet though Tony!

It states "Series Recording Failed"

I see this sometimes when everything goes ok but usually it happens when the recording takes place.

Anyway here is a cut and past of what I'm seeing for two shows the error has occurred on so far.

8:30pm      Two And A Half Men         Nine HD

Tue, 2 Sep 2008, 30 minutes, PG, Sitcom, Comedy, CC

A self-indulgent, pleasure seeking song writer has his carefree life cut short when his brother and ten year old nephew move into his luxury Malibu home. Charlie Sheen, Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones

Recording of this show failed on the device: S1.

This show is part of a series recording.

Cancel  Episode scheduled to record on S1

Cancel  Series scheduled to record on S1

Reschedule Recording

Add Favourite

8:30pm    Law & Order: Criminal Intent ‘Senseless’    Ten

Thu, 4 Sep 2008, 60 minutes, M, Drama, WS, CC

The dangerous side of policing emerges when Falacci gets too close to discovering the true identity of the murderer of three bright students. A murderer so ruthless that two people fearing him more than the cops, confessed to his crimes. Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe or Chris Noth and Alicia Witt

Recording of this show failed on the device: S1.

Cancel  Episode scheduled to record on S1

Cancel  Series scheduled to record on S1

Reschedule Recording

Add Favourite

The following show is incorrectly trying to record on the 7100 when it should be on the S1.

9.30pm     Law & Order: Special Victims Unit ‘Dependent’     Ten

Thu, 4 Sep 2008, 60 minutes, M, Drama, WS, CC, Repeat

The parents of this young woman were so badly beaten that it left her brother with post traumatic stress disorder. Benson and Stabler try to get to the truth by interrogating her. But there is no coherence to the story she tells and Stabler's frustration leads him to take professional risks. Christopher Meloni, Mariska Hargitay, Richard Belzer

Cancel  Series scheduled to record on 7100 <------------ This should be recorded on the S1

Add Favourite

Here is an extract of the S1 Series Timer info from My Shows

[Series recording] Two & A Half Men                        S1    NineHD   
[Series recording] Law & Order: Criminal Intent          S1    Ten   
[Series recording] Law & Order: Special Victims Unit   S1    Ten   

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:25:01 PM by Vortical »

Offline Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

• View Profile
    • Dan's Demented Ramblings
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 04:15:10 PM »
I'm sorry that interactive is causing you such stress, we know that our current UI is a little creaky for heavy use with multiple devices, we have plans to try and improve it but the UI design is a real challenge. ie making it both powerful and simple

You'll notice that Foxtel and TiVo totally cop out of the whole thing by showing no information on existing recordings and just providing a "Press and pray" model for scheduling. We think that the ability to know precisely what you have scheduled on your device(s) is/are important when you are making scheduling decisions.

I'm looking into the issue you described but I'm struggling to understand exactly how things have gone wrong for you.

Looking at your account there are a heap of timers that have been added and deleted it's hard to sort out exactly what is going on.

It sounds like the problem is repeatable though, could you possibly provide a simple set of steps that you think will trigger the problem??

I've setup additional logging on your account for the traffic between your machine and our server, I'm also trolling through the series daemon logs to see if I can see where things went wrong for you but it is a big haystack and some little needles...

Please bear with us and I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it.

Cheers
Dan
Software manager @ IceTV
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 05:46:25 PM »
The timers are in the future and wouldn't have taken place yet though Tony!
It states "Series Recording Failed"
It appears there is a 2way misunderstanding here.   I presumed you were expecting this feature to be like the TED/S timer recording failure, where it will track what files have been saved by the Toppy and then let you know that a timer was set but there isn't a corresponding recording on the HDD after the timer was due to fire.   I do not believe that ICE offers this (crappy as far as I am concerned anyway) feature.   What I was trying to say is that the failures are for future timers that weren't uploaded properly.
Regards

Vortical

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 07:54:04 PM »
I'm sorry that interactive is causing you such stress, we know that our current UI is a little creaky for heavy use with multiple devices, we have plans to try and improve it but the UI design is a real challenge. ie making it both powerful and simple

You'll notice that Foxtel and TiVo totally cop out of the whole thing by showing no information on existing recordings and just providing a "Press and pray" model for scheduling. We think that the ability to know precisely what you have scheduled on your device(s) is/are important when you are making scheduling decisions.

I'm looking into the issue you described but I'm struggling to understand exactly how things have gone wrong for you.

Looking at your account there are a heap of timers that have been added and deleted it's hard to sort out exactly what is going on.

It sounds like the problem is repeatable though, could you possibly provide a simple set of steps that you think will trigger the problem??

I've setup additional logging on your account for the traffic between your machine and our server, I'm also trolling through the series daemon logs to see if I can see where things went wrong for you but it is a big haystack and some little needles...

Please bear with us and I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it.

Cheers
Dan
Software manager @ IceTV

Thanks Daniel

I think I know why the yellow warning triangles came up, timer clashes on the S1 were to blame as Tony had suggested.
It wasn't until I looked at the S1 when I got home and saw it had all the 7100 timers as well as the S1 timers.

Immediately after I had deleted all my devices I set everything up again and rang my wife to change the settings on the S1 & 7100.
I beleive the S1 automatically picked up quite a few of the 7100 recordings as the S1 was previously set to Device 0 and now the 7100 is Device 0. I beleive the S1 had retrieved the 7100 timers before my wife could make the change to the Device then obviously after it was changed it then proceeded to pcik up all the S1 timers, thus creating timer clashes and those yellow warning triangles on the website.

The Topfield was fine as it didn't check for any timers too quickly so perhaps that's a good thing.

Also grand designs icon doesn't seem to show up and hasn't appeared on my Upcoming Timers List yet for next week too.
Edit there was a timer clash that explained the Grand Designs issue too, the 7100 had two other timers scheduled at 8:30pm that night.
Not sure why it didn't have the yellow warning triangle though.

The last quote was a little odd when a recording scheduled to record on the S1 was indicating it was a 7100 series recording, I can't explain that one.

God I wish my wife didn't want to watch just about everything on tv.  :-\

Also thanks for monitoring my account I use it quite heavily with testing and as you will see I chop and change timers quite a bit when fiddling around to see how the pvr's react to changes.  :)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:15:19 PM by Vortical »

Vortical

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 10:56:15 AM »
I had to manually get two recordings to show up on Ten HD next Wednesday Evening.
It automatically got 3 for that day but failed to get the last two showing up with a series recording icon.

I manually clicked record and the icons came up indicating they were queued recordings.

When this happened on the 2nd Device in the past it was impossible to get these icons to show up and it seemed to always default stating it was set to record on device 0.

Vortical

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 06:37:44 PM »
3 shows dissappeared from my recordings list tonight on the IceTV Interactive Upcoming shows

Battlestar Galactica Ten HD
Ghost Whisperer Seven HD
Australian Idol Ten HD

There should have been no timer clashes.

I forced Australian Idol to record on ym H1 and I was then able to get Battlestar Galactica series recording to show up by manually selecting it to record.
but Ghost Whisperer refuses to show up recording icons no matter what I do.

Not sure if the timers got deleted on my pvr yet or when it wakes up to record another show at 6:30pm

Edit: All the icons have dissappeared again on IceTV and dissappeared from my Upcoming Recording lists  ???  ???  ???

Edit2: There was a timer on Seven HD set at 21:35pm that conflicted with the two Ghost Whisperer recordings, not sure how it came about on the pvr.
Was there IceTV scheduling changes perhaps? Australian Idol and Battlestar Galactica Recordings were both there, doesn't make sense why these dissappear.
There were no other timers conflicting to stop the Ten HD
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:00:05 PM by Vortical »

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
WWE Afterburn incorrect time

Started by Minotaur on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post September 29, 2008, 11:48:32 AM
by Madeleine IceGuide
xx
Burn Notice - guide doesn't match adds

Started by Chuckles on IceTV EPG Content