Author Topic: BondiVet Saturday  (Read 770 times)

Online csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
BondiVet Saturday
« on: November 01, 2015, 02:57:46 AM »
I am nearly certain that these episodes are repeats.  I have a really bad memory, but they are either running out of animal  illnesses, and are repeating similar stories or they are repeats.  I thought that last week and now I am nearly sure.  I just had a look at the story line for next week and that sounds familiar too :-\
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline John

• View Profile
Re: BondiVet Saturday
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:12:01 AM »
Hi  csutak40  you could be right but it is shown as a new episode so we are unsure if the new episode is correct or the description is an old one. I have opted for a new show just in case.

jmac

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 11:50:09 AM »
I am nearly certain that these episodes are repeats.  I have a really bad memory, but they are either running out of animal  illnesses, and are repeating similar stories or they are repeats.  I thought that last week and now I am nearly sure.  I just had a look at the story line for next week and that sounds familiar too :-\

Hi Judy,
I usually check on this site for those sorts of confirmations, if I am unsure.
http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/sat/

BUT - one of the advantages of being 78 years old, is that we can watch repeats of old shows
with only a vague idea of what's going to happen or whodunnit!! ::)
regards,
Mac
Mac
Humax HDR 7500T, Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to LG LCD LED 50 &  Linden 65

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 12:19:58 PM »
It's not unknown for these "real life" shows (vets, animal rescue, customs, police, etc, etc) to make "new" programs by cutting together sequences from old shows, sometimes with some new material, sometimes without. The "several episodes in one show" format makes it easy to do this without it being completely obvious that it's a repeat (or at least mostly repeated material). Sometimes they're marked as "best of" (or, more often, "worst of") episodes, sometimes not.

I have no idea whether this is the case for these episodes of Bondi Vet. When I've pointed out instances of this in the past, IceTV has said that they continued to mark them as not repeats because the "remix" hasn't, after all, appeared in that form before.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 03:04:57 PM »

Bondi Vet on Saturdays on Ten/SC Ten are new episodes of season 7.
Bondi Vet on Wednesdays are repeats.

With 118 episodes since 2009 I'm not surprised that there's some deja vu being experienced by regular viewers.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Online csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 07:01:50 PM »

Hi Judy,
I usually check on this site for those sorts of confirmations, if I am unsure.
http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/sat/

BUT - one of the advantages of being 78 years old, is that we can watch repeats of old shows
with only a vague idea of what's going to happen or whodunnit!! ::)
regards,
Mac

You are right, of course.  I am not that far from 78, however try very hard not to watch repeats.  ;D  I have sooo  many shows taped that I doubt I'll live long enough to watch them all, even if I never watch anything twice  :D

Share via facebook Share via twitter