Author Topic: AFP: Australian Federal Police: really not a repeat?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
AFP: Australian Federal Police: really not a repeat?
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »
ACT Guide: Thurs 15 Jan 9:00pm AFP: Australian Federal Police ‘Operation Alliance’ WIN NSW

The IceGuide doesn't mark this as a repeat (WIN claims it's a "New Episode" too), but IMDB and the Online TV Database agree that Online Alliance was part of the second series of AFP, screened in 2012. IMDB has it as part of a double episode  Operation Alliance/Operation Cyrene (screened 11 Oct. 2012). The Online TV Database shows it as a standalone episode (no screening date). I think it screened in the double episode format when it was last shown.

Unfortunately, neither IMDB nor Online TV Database give episode synopses, so it's hard to be absolutely certain that it's a repeat, but neither of them list any new series of AFP.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Paul55

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: AFP: Australian Federal Police: really not a repeat?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 04:49:13 PM »
I often use this site to check things: http://www.yourtv.com.au/

This seems to support the IceTV 'new episode' assessment.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:31:57 PM by Paul55 »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 05:06:28 PM »
I often use this site to check things: http://www.yourtv.com.au/

This seems to support the IceTV 'new episode' assessmant.
I've already said that WIN claimed that it was a new episode. I remain skeptical.

They may be being repackaged and what were formerly double episodes are being shown in two parts.

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:23:44 AM »
Hi

The episode wasn't in our database and other guides say it's new.... It's possible it's some kind of re-packaged episode but since we can't be sure we will keep the repeat flag off.

Thanks

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »
Neither IMDB nor the Online TV Database show any new episodes of AFP having been made/shown since Nov 2012.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 05:55:03 PM »
We watched the recording of AFP ‘Operation Alliance’ today. It's a repeat. Within the show, they talked about it being the 10th anniversary of the 2002 Bali bombings, consistent with the show having been made and first broadcast in 2012.

It looks like the original 1-hour double episodes have been split into two half-hour episodes. "Reduce, reuse, recycle" :D

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
AFP: Australian Federal Police - Repeats?

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post September 16, 2013, 01:55:02 PM
by prl