Author Topic: ABC Current Affairs  (Read 1539 times)

Offline mikeathome

• View Profile
ABC Current Affairs
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:09:19 PM »
The descriptions that appear on my PVR as "info" when I highlight one of a series of ABC current affairs shows in the ICE EPG are generic. Examples for tonight are Australian Story, 4 Corners and Q&A. In order to find out what the topics of each of these shows is I have to switch to the FTA EPG where details of the specific shows are available. I wonder why the ICE EPG cannot also contain this information.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:12:14 PM by mikeathome »

Madeleine IceGuide

Re: ABC Current Affairs
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:11:59 AM »
Hi

Looking at the guide for last night, there were specific episode descriptions for the programs you mention. Do you know when your guide last updated? It is very important to update regularly (we recommend after about 1pm AEST each day).

Thanks

Offline mikeathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
According to my account screen at 10.32 on 15 May. I don't control when the guide updates, the PVR does that. Given that, it would seem that the specific episode descriptions were added sometime yesterday on the same day as the shows were aired. Can I therefore alter my request and ask that these descriptions be added at least a couple of days before airing to give us time to notice them. Thanks.

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »
Hi

That's fair enough, we will remind the person responsible for ABC to amend these programs further in advance.

In general though, it's worth doing a manual update of your guide, if possible, each day after the recommended time. This is not so much an issue with ABC and SBS which has fairly stable programming but many of the commercial channels make schedule changes at short notice.

Thanks

Offline mikeathome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:14:59 PM »
When I looked at my EPG a few minutes ago the description for 4 Corners to be shown in a couple of hours is still generic. There is a proper description on your website. My last EPG update was 4.48 pm today.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
ABC Media Watch stuck in 2017

Started by Andrew Smith on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post March 04, 2019, 05:54:28 PM
by bowser
xx
ABC news failing to record

Started by barry.hendy on General Discussions

8 Replies
Last post February 11, 2019, 08:50:02 PM
by barry.hendy
xx
Sherlock ABC Sun 9 Rec 20:30 - repeat or not?

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post December 07, 2018, 09:19:50 AM
by IanL-S
xx
You Can't Ask That - ABC HD Melbourne

Started by DaveBinM on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post October 24, 2018, 08:43:38 AM
by DaveBinM