Author Topic: A Seaside Parish is not tagged as a series in the Win7 version of the guide  (Read 2553 times)

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
A Seaside Parish screening at 4.30pm ABC on Tues 17 Nov should be tagged as a series
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:57:25 PM by bodogbodog »
Beyonwiz T2 1gb + E8400 Win Svr 2013, 4GB RAM, 8TB storage, Tiny Twin USB Tuner, Hauppauge WinTV NOVA TD-500 Tuner + IceTV Skippa

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: A Seaside Parish is not tagged as a series
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 02:00:25 PM »
It is. Not sure why you're not seeing it.

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
A Seaside Parish is not tagged as a series on Win 7 Interactive version
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 02:56:04 PM »
Mitch - can you check the Win 7 Interactive version of the guide - it is not showing as a "Series" on that and therefore not offering me the option to record the series - I have just rechecked - if you let me know how I can send you a screen shot I'm happy to do that.
You are partically correct in that when I check my other Media Center which is running Vista, and therefore a different version of IceTV as I understand it, it is showing as a series
Guess I'll have to check both versions of the guide before I post issues - there was another anamoly between the two versions I spotted earlier this week, I'll keep a closer eye out for them

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
I will alert the tech guys to your prob this morning. Let me know when you get some joy. I'm thinking it's not going to be too difficult to address.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
It's curious that the Win 7 EPG has series explicitly flagged. Why isn't this flagging available on the Web and Widget interfaces to IceTV Interactive? Those interfaces have the series recording settings available on all programs, even for things that aren't series, like movies.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: A Seaside Parish is not tagged as a series on Win 7 Interactive version
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:15:28 PM »
can you check the Win 7 Interactive version of the guide - it is not showing as a "Series" on that and therefore not offering me the option to record the series

Hi,

I just checked the Win7 guide for that show, and it seems correct.  I also updated the guide just now on a Win7 machine in Sydney, and then looked at the program details page -- it seems correct there too.  Just to be sure, maybe you could update your guide again and see if it changes?  It doesn't sound like the guide team changed anything on their end, but I'm having trouble seeing the problem here, so I'm not sure what's causing what you're seeing.  See the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Russell

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
I've downloaded the latest guide and I still have the problem
I have a screen shot but cant figure out how to load it into this post - so want to send me an email address for me to send it to?

I'm beginning to think that this issue, together with the problems I am having with the lack of content when doing a search in Win7 Media Center, may be related - is there an "easy" way for me to force a complete refresh of the guide data? - I'm now running the latest version of Win7 Interactive having used the update function to move through the beta/RC versions

Edit: Screen Shot now attached
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:01:50 AM by bodogbodog »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
I have a screen shot but cant figure out how to load it into this post
Click on Additional Options in the message editor, then Browse for your attachment.

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Click on Additional Options in the message editor, then Browse for your attachment.
Thanks - screen shot now added - it's easy when you know how  ;)

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
An update: A Seaside Parish is now appearing as a Series in the Win7 Interactive guide and offers the option to record as a series

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Shaun Micallef is Mad As Hell

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

12 Replies
Last post July 19, 2019, 07:39:59 AM
by prl
xx
A Current Affair Wednesday

Started by csutak40 on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post July 11, 2019, 03:11:01 PM