Author Topic: A-League and SBSHD=SBS2  (Read 1544 times)

Offline tjcurnow

• View Profile
A-League and SBSHD=SBS2
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »
The SBS guide on their website only has SBS ONE and SBS2, not SBS HD, which is a bit of a problem.  But this coming Friday night (11 Oct), their description of A-League live at 6.30pm (Sth Aust) on SBS2 says that it "will be broadcast live and in high definition on SBS HD".  So I guess that means that SBS HD will be simulcasting SBS2 on Friday night, at least from 6.30pm-9.35pm (SA time)?  At this stage, the ICETV EPG still has SBS HD simulcasting SBS ONE at that point, which is going to really upset those of us who are planning to watch the new season of Coast :-)

Tim

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: A-League and SBSHD=SBS2
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:09:44 PM »
I don't think I'll miss Coast. I'm recording it from SBS1. Isn't it SD source anyway (it's not marked as HD source)? :)

But yes, it looks like there's a bit of a scheduling problem if SBS really is simulcasting SBS 2 at that time on SBS HD, but providing only SBS 1 and SBS 2 guide information.

I'm also a bit curious about what will happen to the SBS news on SBS HD in the +11:00 timezone states - the football starts on SBS 2 half-way through World News Australia on SBS 1/SBS HD.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
It sounds like they will cut from SBS ONE to SBS 2 on SBS HD as soon as the football game starts, however none of the SBS guide info is showing this.

We're following it up with SBS now.

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 11:15:49 AM »
The SBS guide on their website only has SBS ONE and SBS2, not SBS HD, which is a bit of a problem.  But this coming Friday night (11 Oct), their description of A-League live at 6.30pm (Sth Aust) on SBS2 says that it "will be broadcast live and in high definition on SBS HD".  So I guess that means that SBS HD will be simulcasting SBS2 on Friday night, at least from 6.30pm-9.35pm (SA time)?  At this stage, the ICETV EPG still has SBS HD simulcasting SBS ONE at that point, which is going to really upset those of us who are planning to watch the new season of Coast :-)

Tim

Hi Tim

We've received a reply from SBS.

SBS HD will be simulcasting SBS2 on Friday, rather than SBS ONE. It will then switch back to simulcasting SBS ONE on Saturday. This applies to the whole day, not just the football game, so any shows you record on SBS ONE on Friday will be recorded on the SD channel only. We will be amending our guide shortly to reflect this change. It's going to be a regular thing every Friday during the A League season.

Thanks for noticing it.

Share via facebook Share via twitter