Author Topic: 9HD Daytime Programming  (Read 1963 times)

Madeleine IceGuide

9HD Daytime Programming
« on: May 04, 2009, 01:34:53 PM »
As mentioned in another thread, 9HD has just begun to schedule specific daytime content....

Despite our recent High Court win, Channel 9 scheduling is still governed by the court order from last year. This is a serious legal obligation that we must (and will) continue to follow when scheduling for 9/9HD, until such time as the order is lifted.

What we will do in the meantime, (starting with tomorrow's schedule) is schedule in a block of "9HD Programming" during the day so that people don't set recordings to 9HD that are no longer being shown because the channel isn't simulcasting SD. If/when we know the specifics of the program, we will amend the  generic program to reflect that.

Thanks

Madeleine IceGuide

Re: 9HD Daytime Programming
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:43:54 PM »
Also, it would be much appreciated if someone who lives in a WIN area could tell us if the same thing is happening on WIN HD during the day, ie. diverging from WIN SD.

It should follow 9HD, but what WIN HD does is often illogical and headache-inducing ...

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 06:20:18 PM »
Given you are reporting on what is on Nine HD http://www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=626 ie Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie would it be possible for you to add these programmes to the Guide please?
At the moment it just has a generic entry of "9HD Daytime Programming" which I don't fancy recording as a series to try and capture the "classics" currently screening according to your article
Beyonwiz T2 1gb + E8400 Win Svr 2013, 4GB RAM, 8TB storage, Tiny Twin USB Tuner, Hauppauge WinTV NOVA TD-500 Tuner + IceTV Skippa

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 04:54:09 PM »
We have begun scheduling some daytime shows that have been consistently shown each day at the same time on 9HD, eg. I Dream of Jeannie, Seinfeld.

The guide team must follow certain protocols while scheduling 9HD because the court order has not been lifted. This means that, for the time being, there will still be some gaps, eg. week day movies and weekend scheduling.

Thanks

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 07:15:48 PM »
We have begun scheduling some daytime shows that have been consistently shown each day at the same time on 9HD, eg. I Dream of Jeannie, Seinfeld.
Thanks - I see they are appearing in the guide now - I see they are running the "classics" in the afternoon

Completely understand the need to comply with the law in terms of sourcing information

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
The sometimes appearing 9HD News bulletin

Started by Andrew Smith on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post January 15, 2019, 09:12:50 PM
by Andrew Smith
xx
9HD EPG Toowoomba missing

Started by Nodeity on IceTV EPG Content

6 Replies
Last post July 21, 2016, 03:48:58 PM