Author Topic: 7TWO / 7TWO on Prime variation tonight  (Read 3702 times)

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
7TWO / 7TWO on Prime variation tonight
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:51:44 PM »
I'm on the NSW Central Coast and receive both 7TWO (72) and 7TWO on Prime (62). Just now while I was channel flicking I noticed that 7TWO (72) has Gary Unmarried on as per the Iceguide, but on 7TWO on Prime (62) the Sopranos has just started - an hour earlier than advertised for 7TWO (72). Flicking back to the OTA EPG both channels match up with what they are currently showing. I'm not sure how often this occurs (a variation between the 2 '7TWOs') but maybe Ice could look in to this and provide seperate epg feeds for each instead of the current generic 7TWO one for both 62 and 72.
Not sure if this has ever or will happen with GO! between Nine (99) and Win or NBN (both 88).

Also just checked the TV guides for 7TWO in the Newcastle Herald and the (Sydney) Daily Telegraph and both show Gary Unmarried at 9.30pm and Sopranos at 10.30pm, so I don't know why Prime have varied it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:58:17 PM by milhouseaus »

Offline Mitch IceGuide

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: 7TWO / 7TWO on Prime variation tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:46:01 AM »
Hi ... Prime would not have varied it. They don't have the man-power or reason to do so. Sounds technical to me. I suggest you call the hotline.

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:45:59 AM »
Hi ... Prime would not have varied it.

Well they someone did

They don't have the man-power or reason to do so.

They have a major digital presentation centre in Canberra (and have had for a while) and feed different ads, news and sport variations to umpteen different markets so why couldn't they do this.

Sounds technical to me.

No obviously sounds too hard for you.

I suggest you call the hotline.

What hotline?

I just went to another online guide (yourtv/tvfix) and looked at next Tuesday nights schedule for Sydney/Central Coast and found

9.30pm
7TWO - Gary Unmarried (double ep till 10.30pm then double Sopranos)
7TWO on Prime - The Sopranos (double ep till 11.40pm then My Own Worst Enemy)

Tuesday night may not be the only variation, so I ask again (in the interest of helping Ice achieve the accuracy all we paying customers desire) - could someone please look into this and could we have seperate epg feeds for 7TWO on Prime (62) and 7TWO (72) please.

Thankyou
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:56:40 PM by milhouseaus »

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »
Hi

We're still working out all the variations of 7TWO. It's a little bit fiddly for some regions like Central Coast and Wollongong which receive both versions 7TWO (72 - following Sydney) and 7TWO on Prime (62 - following Melbourne).

This will be sorted out as soon as possible.

Thanks

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »
So for regions that receive both (which should only be NSW Central Coast and the Gold Coast? - Wollongong doesn't officially get both but I guess a lot of people probably pickup Sydney as well), is it that hard for Ice to list 7TWO on Prime as it's own channel with a seperate 62 only LCN epg feed. Maybe this should be done asap for ALL Prime regions.

As the epg stands it will likely be wrong for Sydney viewers (and Central Coast viewers watching 7TWO - not 7Two on Prime).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:14:11 AM by milhouseaus »

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 01:02:04 PM »
OK changed my settings briefly to check and it seems Ice has Gary Unmarried at 9.30pm for 7TWO when Sydney is selected. But for Central Coast it shows Sopranos at 9.30pm. This will likely still be wrong for most Central Coast viewers who I would say are more likely to be watching 7TWO than 7TWO on Prime.

Surely the simple solution is for two seperate channels in the ICE epg

7TWO - LCN 72 (or 62, user choice - does 7 Qld use the 6 series?)
7TWO on Prime - LCN 62 only

can Ice not easily and quickly implement this fix??

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 01:47:13 PM »
Hi

I've been informed that this has been changed now. Please let us know if there are any problems. Thanks

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 12:57:26 AM »
OK thanks - the two different epgs came through fine on 62 and 72.

That should solve any future variation issues by having them seperate.

Only issue now is with Prime themselves....  tonight here on the Central Coast their programming was aligned with 7TWO Sydney again!!

I give up.

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:38:50 AM »

Only issue now is with Prime themselves....  tonight here on the Central Coast their programming was aligned with 7TWO Sydney again!!

I give up.

Do you mean that The Sopranos started at 10.30 on both 7TWO (72) and 7TWO on Prime (62)?

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 11:42:53 AM »

I give up.

Do you mean that The Sopranos started at 10.30 on both 7TWO (72) and 7TWO on Prime (62)?

Yes, preceded by Gary Unmarried at 9.30pm

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 12:36:39 PM »
 :-\  The earlier start time on 7TWO on Prime was reflected in other sources so I'm not sure why they didn't stick to this ... very odd.

Thanks for letting us know though. We'll keep an eye out for future differences between the two channels.

Cheers

Offline milhouseaus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 01:59:16 PM »
Another variation this morning... (NSW Central Coast)

Ice had 7TWO (from 7 Sydney), Prime and 7Two on Prime all showing AFL Game Day at 10am

but

because Prime showed it on their main channel, 7TWO on Prime showed Flipper at 10am - which is I believe is reflective of the southern/AFL states which also show AFL Game Day on the main channel.

Madeleine IceGuide

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 11:31:00 PM »
Thanks. We'll watch out for this on Sunday morning and manually adjust the timeslot.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Suspects S3E3, 7TWO - is it a repeat

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post October 25, 2018, 02:08:20 PM
by prl
xx
7TWO Sunshine Coast - no epg

Started by muzza on IceTV EPG Content

6 Replies
Last post July 17, 2016, 01:08:39 AM
by muzza
question
Air Crash Investigations 7TWO 16-03-16 - Wrong content description?

Started by IanL-S on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post March 18, 2016, 07:01:37 AM
by IanL-S
xx
7Two 9.30pm Friday 27 Nov - Nick Knowles' Original Features 'Dead Woman's Shoes'

Started by IanL-S on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies
Last post November 25, 2015, 07:02:30 PM
by John