Author Topic: 7HD vs 7MATE  (Read 4215 times)

Offline dougie69

• View Profile
7HD vs 7MATE
« on: May 23, 2016, 12:03:14 PM »
Hi,

Over the weekend I rescanned by Beyonwiz. I found that Channel 7 Sydney have changed 7MATE on 73 to SD and added an MPEG4 HD service called 7HD on channel 70.

According to their online guide 7HD should be carrying the same programs as 7MATE.

I updated the IceTV EPG on my Beyonwiz and noticed that 7HD (70) shows the programs for 7SD (7 & 71) instead of those for 7MATE (73).

Cheers
Doug

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
Re: 7HD vs 7MATE
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 12:50:07 PM »
Hi Doug,

It depends what city you are in.

In Sydney, Brisbane and Perth 7HD on channel 70 shows the same programs as 7mate.
In Melbourne and Adelaide 7HD on channel 70 shows the same programs as 7.

DOH! You said you are Sydney.

On the T3 Beyonwiz you need to do a manual scan for your region and set it to clear the existing channels. Then rinse and repeat. Finally clear the guide.
See the following page: http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/98205727

On the P1 or P2 Beyonwizes you need to either do a scan with scanning range set to full, or delete the 7 network's channels and then do a partial scan with start channel and end channel set to 6. Or you can enable dynamic channel management and watch channel 7 for a minute.
If you did not do a scan with scanning range set to full you will also need to clear the EPG disk cache from 'Setup > System > Initialise'.
See the following page: http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20153248Beyonwiz
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:59:14 PM by Dave at IceTV »
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
Sunshine Coast Regional - (re-transmitted Brisbane channels as well).

Been away a bit, but just got round to checking my T2.
Done all that, and same thing. Channel 70 EPG is displaying Channel 7 (Bris) programs, whilst showing 7Mate content on the TV.

Similarly, from way back, Channel 91 EPG is (still) displaying Channel GO! programs, whilst showing Channel 9 content on the TV.

Thanks
Mac
Humax HDR 7500T, Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to LG LCD LED 50 &  Linden 65

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 06:17:01 PM »
Hi mac,

You need to delete the channels on the T2 and scan them in again. See the steps here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/98205727-Updating-channels-or-adding-a-new-channel-on-a-T-series-Beyonwiz

Step 5 is important. As is apparently step 8.

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 06:25:47 PM »
Hi Dave,

I did that before I re-checked and posted.
As per your previous post.

Thanks for replying.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 07:04:23 PM »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 07:58:03 PM »
Mac37, are you looking at the system-created bouquets like Terrestrial TV LCN or at your own Favourites list? If the latter, you need to delete any old changed services from Favourites and copy the new ones over from a system-created bouquet.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »
Sorry mac, the problem was at our end. We still had Gold Coast 7HD's triple id numbers set to 7 Digital. I've now set Gold Coast 7HD to get its guide from Gold Coast (Brisbane) 7mate - until we add a separate 7HD for the Gold Coast.

It will work now but you might need to to try rebooting from the Power menu again.

And if that doesn't fix it force a full guide update again.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/22198527-How-do-I-clear-the-guide-and-force-an-update-on-the-Beyonwiz-T-series

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:22:15 PM by Dave at IceTV »

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 11:22:29 PM »
Hi Peter,
I have never bothered with favourites, so only the terrestrial list.
Thanks

Hi Dave,
Thank you, but where does the GOLD Coast fit into all this. I guess they are regional like us with access to Bris channels ??
I'll do all that tomorrow - lots of recordings going on till later on.

Thanks

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 04:16:21 PM »
Hi Dave,
Thank you, but where does the GOLD Coast fit into all this. I guess they are regional like us with access to Bris channels ??
I'll do all that tomorrow - lots of recordings going on till later on.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't why I was thinking Gold Coast instead of Sunshine Coast. It makes a difference at this end because I had not changed anything for Sunshine Coast. But I have now, so you may need do the above steps again if you have done them already.

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 06:19:59 PM »
Sorry, I don't why I was thinking Gold Coast instead of Sunshine Coast. It makes a difference at this end because I had not changed anything for Sunshine Coast. But I have now, so you may need do the above steps again if you have done them already.

aah ! Thanks for that, we have just got in and will launch into evening viewing and recording, so I will do all that much later.

Have you ever had any luck with the Channel 91 - Go! problem ??
Thanks again for your concern.

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 09:37:48 AM »
Hi Dave,

Did all that again (with the twice scanning etc ). Did not make a difference.
So... I did it again with a FULL scan instead, same problem. All I got was some extra SBS channels in the 350 range, albeit the wrong way round for me, as they were the local channel frequencies - and the 3, 30 series were the Brisbane frequencies.

In "my account", there is an entry for "7mate remote", which has a choice of 70 (or all). What does that represent.?
I have only set the 7mate (to 70), and ignored the 7mate on prime (as previously instructed !).

Thanks again.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 03:18:05 PM »
Hi Mac,

Your account had 9 Brisbane set to 9. I've changed it to 9 and 91.

Can you please do the following steps to provide me with the channel info from your Beyonwiz.

1. Click on the following link and select "save link" or "save link as" and name it lastscanned.xml
http://beyonwizt2/web/getservices?sRef=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM%20BOUQUET%20%22userbouquet.LastScanned.tv%22

- If nothing happens when clicking on the link, right-click and select open in new tab.
- If your web browser cannot find http://beyonwizt2/ change the beyonwizt2 in the URL to the IP address of your T2.

2. Then click on this next link and again select "save link" or "save link as" and name it terrestrial.xml
http://beyonwizt2/web/getservices?sRef=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM%20BOUQUET%20%22userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv%22%20ORDER%20BY%20bouquet

- Again, if your web browser cannot find http://beyonwizt2/ change the beyonwizt2 in the URL to the IP address of your T2.

3. Finally attach the saved files to your reply, or email them to support via the contact us page.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 03:44:32 PM »
Did all that again (with the twice scanning etc ). Did not make a difference.
So... I did it again with a FULL scan instead, same problem. All I got was some extra SBS channels in the 350 range, albeit the wrong way round for me, as they were the local channel frequencies - and the 3, 30 series were the Brisbane frequencies.

You should do the scan once more, with delete before scan enabled, but do a location scan and not a full scan to avoid the duplicate SBS channels.

In "my account", there is an entry for "7mate remote", which has a choice of 70 (or all). What does that represent.?
I have only set the 7mate (to 70), and ignored the 7mate on prime (as previously instructed !).

"7mate Remote" is for, well, remote parts of far north QLD.

You probably get 2 sets of the commercial channels (though the "regional" set would be missing some of the new channels that the "Brisbane" set of channels has).

On the PVR the "7"s with Brisbane after their name should be on LCNs starting with a 7.  These would be what we call "Seven - Brisbane", 7two and 7mate and 7flix.

On the PVR the "7"s with Sunshine Coast or Toowoomba after their name should be on LCNs starting with a 6. These would be what we call "Seven - QLD" and "7two - QLD" but...

Both the Sunshine Coast's 7mate on 63 and Brisbane's 7mate on 73 should be set to "7mate".

You risk getting timer conflicts on your PVRs if you have two of the same channel enabled as often the same show will record on both channels. I notice in your account you have a mixture of Brisbane and Sunshine Coast channels. Ideally anyone who can pickup a good signal for a capitol city's channels you are better off using those channels and disabling all of the local (regional) channels.

The only exception to this suggestion would be if 1 or 2 of the main local channels on 5, 6 or 8 had local news around 6 or 7pm.

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 01:17:05 AM »
Hi Mac,

Your account had 9 Brisbane set to 9. I've changed it to 9 and 91.

That did not change the 91 - GO! problem.

3. Finally attach the saved files to your reply, or email them to support via the contact us page.

Attached the files.
Did the scans again - Channel 70 EPG now displays 7mate programs. - Thank you for that.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Prime 7HD (Canberra) - TBA

Started by vader1111 on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post February 01, 2019, 12:53:30 PM
by Tiphanee
xx
7HD Perth

Started by Tezza007 on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post June 16, 2018, 10:32:13 AM