Author Topic: 24 starts next Tuesday  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Mark

• View Profile
Re: 24 starts next Tuesday
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 08:22:27 AM »
I love watermarks!!! (So long as they are not too obtrusive.)

I find that, ironically, the watermark is the best indication on Australian commercial networks as to whether a segment is "program" or "commercial".  Without them, comskip (see www.comskip.org) is far less consistent or reliable in removing commercials!

8)

Offline raymondjpg

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 08:01:28 AM »
I find that, ironically, the watermark is the best indication on Australian commercial networks as to whether a segment is "program" or "commercial".  Without them, comskip (see www.comskip.org) is far less consistent or reliable in removing commercials!

Not with 7TWO on Prime!

The lurid orange logo (top right) persists throughout *all* program and non-program material, including "black frames".

The more tasteful, transparent, 7TWO watermark bottom right, on the other hand, comes and goes with program material.
Topfield TF7100HDPVRt, Beyonwiz DP-P2, Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200, Hauppauge WinTV-MiniStick 01240, Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 09:34:54 AM »

Not with 7TWO on Prime!

The lurid orange logo (top right) persists throughout *all* program and non-program material, including "black frames".

The more tasteful, transparent, 7TWO watermark bottom right, on the other hand, comes and goes with program material.
Presumably comskip can be set up to be keyed off the 7TWO logo rather than the 7TWO PRIME one.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 10:36:48 AM »
Presumably comskip can be set up to be keyed off the 7TWO logo rather than the 7TWO PRIME one.

Yes -- normally it will "magically" find a watermark wherever it happens to be, but you can direct it to look only in the bottom right corner, for example.

The bigger issue may be whether the persistence of a solid logo through "black frames" interferes with the segmentation of the program in the first place.

Offline raymondjpg

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 10:16:10 PM »

When the ABC's new coloured watermarks were introduced, they weren't as bad at the 7TWO PRIME one, everyone was enraged, and the ABC toned them down considerably.

I see today that the 7TWO PRIME orange logo has gone, hopefully for good!

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 10:42:05 PM »

When the ABC's new coloured watermarks were introduced, they weren't as bad at the 7TWO PRIME one, everyone was enraged, and the ABC toned them down considerably.

I see today that the 7TWO PRIME orange logo has gone, hopefully for good!
Not a moment too soon :)

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
7 , 7HD and 7Mate TV guide 24 April in Melbourne

Started by Garyvx on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post April 24, 2018, 01:59:32 PM
by Tiphanee
thumbdown
Quantico - JM Palm 24-07-17 start time way out

Started by IanL-S on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies