Author Topic: Recommended Firmware Update Steps  (Read 6996 times)

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
Recommended Firmware Update Steps
« on: July 12, 2012, 07:10:50 PM »
To ensure a trouble-free firmware upgrade with no interruption to your recording schedule we recommend the following steps.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21690712

Note: Your recordings will be safe as these steps will not touch your existing recordings.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended Firmware Update Steps
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:21:55 AM »
HI Dave,
I'm still getting phantom recordings popping up that I have not set up. However I have not performed a factory reset which I will do over the weekend

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
Yes, definitely do a factory reset followed by resending all recordings (and don't forget to re-enable padding).

Do you have any keyword recordings setup?

Are these phantom recordings the program before one that you wanted that didn't record?

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 07:42:16 PM »
Yep factory reset has fixed all issues

Offline troykm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 09:09:50 AM »
I got the email the other day to upgrade my humax, I went to do this last night only to find it had updated itself, is this normal? I just did the factory reset this morning.

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV SKIPPA wiki
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 04:55:55 PM »
I do not have one of these; however if it is anything like Topfield there will be an option that enables/disables automatic updates.

Being cautious I would not enable automatic updates. There is a possibility of broken firmware being installed, and it means you cannot do a factory reset before doing the installation which is recommended for PVRs such as Humax and Topfield.

Ian
IceTV: 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRt + SKIPPA + T2 + U4
No IceTV: a few Toppys
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and Topfield Aus Forum for Toppy help

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
The Humax PVRs with software version UHTFAA 1.08.05 have 3 update options in the installation menu (and the Software Update app in the TV Portal).

The 3 menu options are:
1. Automatic Update: You manually click on this and it scans all Terrestrial TV network frequencies looking for a software update.
2. Manual Update: You manually click on this and set the Terrestrial TV network channel or frequency to scan for a software update.
3. Regular Update: You set this to scan all Terrestrial TV network frequencies looking for a software update at 4am each day.

These 3 menu options work in Europe and for Cable or Satellite PVRs but Australian Terrestrial TV networks don't broadcast PVR software updates except maybe for Freeview devices.

The TV Portal Software Update app downloads the update from the Internet (just like manually downloading the update from the website to do a USB update).

The Humax PVRs with software version AUTFAA 1.08.06 seems to have a 4th update menu option (going by the release notes).
4. IP-OTA: This is an Internet Over The Air update which I believe allows automatic updating from the same server that the TV Portal app accesses.

If Troy's Humax PVRs uses AUTFAA software it may have automatically updated to 1.08.06 if it's older software also included IP-OTA in the installation menu.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Recommended shows doesn't seem to be working

Started by so_bored8008 on Windows Vista Media Center

2 Replies
Last post October 06, 2009, 10:07:33 AM
by prl