Author Topic: Help with Ice TV Guide after move.  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Hender90

• View Profile
Help with Ice TV Guide after move.
« on: February 15, 2013, 09:10:03 PM »
Hey guys. I have a Humax 7500T. I have recently moved house and have been without internet (and Ice TV) until yesterday. Now at my old house I never had a problem with the guide at all.

Now when I moved into the new place I had too switch back to the Humax EPG until I got the net sorted out. Now last night I got the net back and set up the WIFI. All went well. Then I switched the EPG back to Ice and now the issues start.

Most of the time I can log in fine but no guide ever comes up its blank. After about 20mins I press guide and it says 'In order to access Ice TV, you must log in. So I try again and sometimes I get a message saying, 'Could not log in due too an Ice TV server problem. Then I try and log in again and its fine but still no guide and still 20mins later it wants me to log in again. I have just tried a factory reset to no avail. Is there anyone that has had this problem before? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Ryan.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
Re: Help with Ice TV Guide after move.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:44:23 PM »
Hi Ryan,

The Humax will behave as you describe if it is having trouble communicating the IceTV server. This can caused by either an Internet speed/quality issue or a local network issue.

If you are using wireless, please see our Humax wireless troubleshooting tips here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20383062-Wireless-Troubleshooting-Tips
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 06:50:19 AM »
Just to back up Dave - I had similar problems with my wifi and same symptoms. Now using ethernet over power and had no problems since. If the wifi is strong the issue won't appear- but anything under half strength will cause issues. If you have an android device there's a wifi tester app that helped me find the problem

Offline Hender90

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »
Thanks for all your help guys. It looks like we have solved the issue! I put a USB extension cable on the wifi dongle and seems to be ok at the moment. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks for all the help Dave.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Help! The McMafia have stolen our apostrophe!

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:18:06 PM
by prl
xx
2 tuner epg help

Started by Maxicat2003 on Humax

0 Replies
Last post June 27, 2017, 10:23:07 PM
by Maxicat2003
clip
iPhone app help