Author Topic: Have you tried the Humax remote from App store?  (Read 1752 times)

Offline jeffoz1

• View Profile
Have you tried the Humax remote from App store?
« on: April 28, 2014, 05:50:08 PM »
I've always thought the Humax remote was difficult to use with the play and FF etc buttons being a bit small. Can do it all from my iPhone now with bigger buttons. Nice. Hadn't seen a review here before about it.

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
Re: Have you tried the Humax remote from App store?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 08:13:31 AM »
yep I tried it and it works ok. However I use a harmony remote to control all the devices. Also now there are apps out there that are similar to Harmony in that they can be set to control multiple devices simultaneously. IR blaster needed on your phone though

Offline carlprowse

• View Profile
Re: Have you tried the Humax remote from App store?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:37:12 PM »
I have tried it and it works well. I haven't played with the latest version, but I was impressed with the  earlier version. We don't use the app however, because we too have a Logitec Harmony remote that controls everything.

Even without the Harmony, I am not sure I would use the app. It takes more time to pick up the iPhone/iPad, enter a security code, and run the app, than it does to pick up a conventional remote.

Another issue is that you cannot use the app to turn the Humax on. So, you need a conventional remote around anyway. Even if you turn the Humax on by other means, it takes some time before it starts to respond to the humax remote app.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
I have a Skippa I no longer want

Started by SpocksBeer on SKIPPA

0 Replies
Last post August 23, 2019, 09:37:14 AM
by SpocksBeer
xx
Help! The McMafia have stolen our apostrophe!

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:18:06 PM
by prl
xx
Have You Been Paying Attention

Started by Tezza007 on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post December 24, 2017, 08:55:44 AM
by Tezza007
xx
Used Skippa for sale - perfect condition still have original box