Author Topic: Frozen Unit  (Read 2830 times)

Offline ozpowell

• View Profile
Frozen Unit
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:12:10 PM »
I have been one of the many people afflicted with the infamous Humax padding problem, but last night my unit suffered a different problem.

At about 8pm I tried to power on the Humax, but it was unresponsive.  I tried with both the remote control and the power button in the centre of the ring on the front panel - neither successfully woke the unit up (the circular led on the front was orange).  I was reluctant to cycle the power to the system as it was supposed to be about half way through recording MKR, so I just left it.

This morning I cycled the power and checked the recorded media - it appears to have frozen about 18 minutes into MKR (there was an 18 minute MKR media file on the disk).

Needless to say, wifey was less than impressed - last night was her Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives night...  She's now making noises about sending the thing back...  I sure hope Humax fix these problems soon or that may be what I'll have to end up doing.  :'(

Anyone else seen this behaviour?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:18:32 PM by ozpowell »
--
Humax HDR-7500T with IceTV

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen Unit
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:34:46 PM »
I've had one lockup since I've owned the unit - where I had been streaming for hours- went back to the TV - then hit the record button. The unit hung- rebooted and restarted - going back to the channel it had died on. But I had to hit record again and it was OK

The Humax seems fairly stable- had mine two months now with everyday use. One lockup I can forgive.

Offline ozpowell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
FYI, my unit hasn't frozen again since my original post.  So I'm willing to accept that the issue is minor.  Now, if only they could fix the padding problem....

Offline jeisner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:44:14 PM »
I have tried a lot of different PVRs with ICETV and I have to say unlike my previous 'Strong' and 'Beyonwiz' units I haven't had any freeze ups or resets with the Humax, just the lack of padding.. Though even the lack of padding makes the unit not really fit for purpose..

I do also have a Topfield masterpeice in another room and it went a bit screwy on wireless but switched it to wired network and it is reliable.

I hope they resolve this soon or I will be requesting a refund as the unit is not working as designed or fit for purpose with icetv (whome I bought the unit from), I guess I will get another topfield and make sure I don't use wireless, lol.. It is a shame as I think the Humax interface is a lot nicer, but I am a little annoyed they don't even bother to email back their customers to let them know it is a known problem they are working on...

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »
I've had two lockups in the last 24 hours. However both times were whilst streaming over wifi from a dlna server and-I suspect the network linked dropped. But I did have to power off the unit to get it back

Offline toppytools

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
I had a Humax DLNA lockup when I accidentally turned the computer off while streaming a video from it  ::)

Offline ozpowell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 07:31:13 AM »
FYI - My issue in the original post was not related to streaming and/or DLNA, though I do have the unit always connected to our LAN.

As noted earlier, I haven't seen the problem again since the first occurance.

Offline hg34

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 11:03:08 AM »
Happened to me early this morning  :(

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »
Its happened to me again too- but every time it does I'm usually "pushing" it. This time I was uploading a 4gb video via FTP - whilst a recorded program was being watched. I have not had it play up when doing normal stuff

Share via facebook Share via twitter