Author Topic: Do we need a dedicated forum?  (Read 2385 times)

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
Do we need a dedicated forum?
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »
IceTV have been very kind as to set this forum up. But as they readily admit the forum is specifically for IceTV issues and not so much for hardware, firmware and other issues that we all hit from time to time. As you may or may not know- the HDR-7500T is a specifically australian model so overseas specific model support does not exist.

I've spoken to Humax who at this stage have no plans to set up a forum- but have offered to casually monitor any forum we would set up. I'm proposing I set up a forum with forummate.com for these issues. Initially it will start with just the Humax model available today and as Humax release new models these could be included.

I'm happy to moderate the initial forum but will need help as the range expands. It might be advantageous to have at least two moderators to help especially as I am away from time to time.

I'm suggesting Firmware, File types and streaming, Hardware, Bugs, and general as the categories. Any and all feedback welcome.

Interested? Please either respond to this thread or PM me. If I get enough response I can set it up this week.

Cheers
Tony

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Do we need a dedicated forum?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:25:13 AM »
Why not make use of either Humax Hdr-7500t or Humax 7500t From Icetv in the PVRs DVRs, HDD & DVD Recorders section of the DTV Forum?

Less control, but also much less effort.

I think I've suggested this before here.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »
As both threads are quite old now with no recent activity I doubt people with issues would post there. Whirlpool has one too- but its one long continous thread.

IMHO seperate threads for seperate issues are easier to read. People are more likely to post specific topics in new threads than ask on a long single thread. This makes a home built FAQ for the device.

beyonwiz's forum and DVOCO's forum have been very useful for those devices

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 01:12:14 PM »
As both threads are quite old now with no recent activity I doubt people with issues would post there. Whirlpool has one too- but its one long continous thread.
Topics get refreshed by people posting to them. It's a matter of gaining profile and attracting more people. It seems to have worked fairly well for a couple of other less-well-known PVRs.

I only suggest it as a measure to test the actual interest, and see if it warrants setting up a Humax forum. Or being able to convince Humax that the interest warrants their doing it :)

IMHO seperate threads for seperate issues are easier to read. People are more likely to post specific topics in new threads than ask on a long single thread. This makes a home built FAQ for the device.
Granted. But as far as FAQs go, there's one for Topfield in the DTV forum as a sticky. Why not for Humax, if the interest warrants it?

beyonwiz's forum and DVOCO's forum have been very useful for those devices
Agreed. But Beyonwiz's forum is maintained by Beyonwiz, plus some volunteer moderators. I know the forum quite well, I've got 10000+ posts there :)

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 03:20:30 PM »
Fair Points. I asked Humax first to set up a forum but they are not interested - yet. Just getting them to agree to monitor any new forum was an achievement. However seeing the use of this forum you may be on the money. I'll see what else comes in
Cheers

Offline swamprat96

• Guru
  • Humax HDR7500T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 04:09:23 PM »
well I'd have to say judging by the reaction that a forum is not needed. PRL you were right

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Sync doesn't seem to work

Started by csutak40 on Beyonwiz

17 Replies
Last post February 21, 2019, 05:21:16 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
What, exactly does the "This time" recording option do?

Started by prl on Smart Recording website and General questions

3 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:52:35 PM
by prl
xx
WMC running in Windows 10 but IceTV not recording

Started by dataplex on Windows 8 Media Center

2 Replies
Last post January 12, 2019, 07:05:54 PM
by dataplex
xx
Ch 10HD Melbourne. episode name, descriptions donít match intermittently.

Started by grampus on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post November 23, 2018, 04:39:20 PM
by grampus