Author Topic: Webget missing  (Read 2054 times)

Offline bravotango

• View Profile
Webget missing
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:56:24 AM »
Trying to setup SageTV and found the link for webget on this page is broken:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20108166-Setting-up-IceTV-and-SageTV#downloadandsetupwebget

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
Re: Webget missing
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 04:46:41 PM »
The webget download link has been updated.

webget.exe is available here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20108166-Setting-up-IceTV-and-SageTV#downloadandsetupwebget
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline raymondjpg

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 03:05:36 PM »
The webget download link has been updated.

webget.exe is available here:
The utility is available, but if anyone can get this to work please post details.

Whichever way I enter my username and password the program complains I provided the wrong credentials. Also there is error retrieving file, 'days' is not recognised as a command and the system cannot find the file specified!!!!
Topfield TF7100HDPVRt, Beyonwiz DP-P2, Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200, Hauppauge WinTV-MiniStick 01240, Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2)

Offline bravotango

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »
My apologies Dave. Unfortunately I was not aware that Sage is finished, kaput since Google took over. I actually installed Sage before I found out the bad news. So I have no need for Webget in that case but it is possible that it is used for purposes other than Sage.  :-[

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »
My apologies Dave. Unfortunately I was not aware that Sage is finished, kaput since Google took over. I actually installed Sage before I found out the bad news. So I have no need for Webget in that case but it is possible that it is used for purposes other than Sage.  :-[

Hi bravotango,

While SageTV is no longer supported if you have a version that works for you there would be no issue using it (you just might not see too many updates  :) ).

The webget utility is really just a way to download the IceTV XMLTV file via a batch file on a Windows based PC (it works in a similar way to wget on a Linux machine). If you do go with some other recording software on Windows that doesn't have an inbuilt way to download a guide file and can just read an XMLTV file that is on your hard drive then you would need webget to do that download.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

clip
webget doesn't return guide data

Started by dboutchard on XMLTV (General)

1 Replies
Last post February 13, 2015, 09:27:20 AM
by raymondjpg
xx
help with webget and xml data setup

Started by bluc on XMLTV (General)

1 Replies
Last post December 12, 2014, 09:38:11 PM
by Dave at IceTV
xx
Webget Problem

Started by Welt on ShowShifter