Author Topic: Unable to access ABC1 or 2 or HD  (Read 5312 times)

Offline drgg

• View Profile
Unable to access ABC1 or 2 or HD
« on: April 24, 2008, 07:40:27 PM »
I used to be able to access the digital ABC channels but no longer able to do so.  The EyeTV box just freezes with the last image of the channel that was previously active before attempting to turn to one of the ABCs.  I've ensured that IceTV is chosen for the EPG, which does list all the ABCs as available.  I've restarted the iMac a few times, with no luck. Any suggestions?

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to access ABC1 or 2 or HD
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:52:38 AM »
Hi. Have you tried rescanning for channels? Are you using a rooftop antenna and the latest update of the EyeTV software?

Offline drgg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 08:57:48 AM »
Yes

I rescanned a number of times. Now the digital ABC channels aren't even being picked up in the EMG. The ABC channels in the EPG were showing "garbage" beside them before they disappeared.  I have good channel strength levels and no problems receiving good reception from the roof aerial.

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 11:33:34 AM »
Maybe the best move at this point would be to contact IceTV support directly. One of the support guys will probably read this and respond shortly, but if you're after a quicker solution then contacting support directly is probably better.

Another thing that might be worth trying: deleting EyeTV's preferences and setting everything up again. This can be useful because it'll remove any previously scanned channels. If you do that you'll need to have you EyeTV serial number and IceTV user ID/password handy though and you'll lose other settings.

Instructions for setting up EyeTV with IceTV can be found here:
http://www.icetv.com.au/support/setup/setupeyetv.shtml

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 03:20:10 PM »
I have good channel strength levels and no problems receiving good reception from the roof aerial.

Are you sure? Do you have an in-built digital tuner in your TV or a settop box that you can test with?

Assuming that the signal strength is good now because it used to be is no guarantee. Your antenna may have moved or been damaged in a storm, a bird or rat could have damaged a cable, someone may have put up a big high-rise building directly between you and the ABC broadcast tower.

Offline drgg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »
I finally found a solution.  I went to the ABC website and found a list of ABC Digital TV frequencies on http://www2b.abc.net.au/reception/frequencyfinder/asp/results.asp 

The one that works with ice tv appears to be 543.625 MHz. 

So what you do is to right-click the "Channels" icon under Library in the EyeTV Programs window, choose "Manually Add Channels..." and type in "543,625" after Frequency.  Then click "Add".

ABC HDTV, ABC1, ABC2, ABC1, ABC3, ABC DiG Radio and ABC DiG Jazz appear in the channels list. The EPG "IceTV" needs to be confirmed by "assigning" it, which enables it to appear in the "Program Guide".  Voila!

Offline johnpattison

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 04:46:07 PM »
Hi there

I'm having a similar problem with ABC1 and ABC2 with my Vista MCE - is there any way of doing what was done with EyeTV that I can do with Vista MCE to edit the channels manually?

Thanks in advance
John

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Unable to record mission impossible ghost protocol

Started by simoncasey on Beyonwiz

21 Replies
Last post August 08, 2017, 11:48:18 AM
by prl
xx
Unable to schedule via website

Started by peter1960 on Smart Recording website and General questions