Author Topic: Television4 launches in regional areas  (Read 5143 times)

Offline bigdan

• View Profile
    • DJPalmer.com
Television4 launches in regional areas
« on: September 18, 2011, 07:27:01 AM »
Just a heads up - Television4 has launched on Prime7 northern/southern NSW, Victoria and on GWN7 as of this morning (18/9/2011)...not that you'll have to worry that much, it's nothing but infomercials.  ::)
Big Dan - finally got NBN and One HD in the Upper Hunter.

Offline Fester

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
Re: Television4 launches in regional areas
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:41:28 PM »
I noticed it is in Adelaide as well, TV4Me. I wonder if it will be included in the LCN's? It probably doesn't have to be as I doubt anyone will watch or record it!

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
It's in the Yahoo7 guide as 4ME. It's also in the FTA EPG. A great pity that IceTV doesn't carry it, because I'm sure you'd all want to make certain you don't miss a minute of PSYCHIC TV LIVE & INTERACTIVE (yes, it's all caps in the FTA EPG) 2300-0000 tonight.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

lukem

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:50:51 PM »
It's in the Yahoo7 guide as 4ME. It's also in the FTA EPG. A great pity that IceTV doesn't carry it, because I'm sure you'd all want to make certain you don't miss a minute of PSYCHIC TV LIVE & INTERACTIVE (yes, it's all caps in the FTA EPG) 2300-0000 tonight.

LOL, you would fit right in at the office ;)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:46:09 PM »
 ;D

Offline jlowe73

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »
They now have gasolene.TV and a 4x4 show I'd like to schedule. Can you list those on the epg and ignore the infomercials?

Offline Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 02:44:32 PM »
They now have gasolene.TV and a 4x4 show I'd like to schedule. Can you list those on the epg and ignore the infomercials?
Still not sure how you can tell the difference. ;D

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
I just had a look at the schedule for Gasolene [sic] and I can see why you'd want IceTV to handle the scheduling. And I can also see why IceTV wouldn't want to do it. They're the same reason. This is the schedule for Gasolene in the next week:

Fri 23 March 7:00pm - 7:30pm
Sat 24 March 10:00am - 10:30am
Sun 25 March 6:00pm - 6:30pm
Mon 26 March 11:00am - 11:30am
Tuesday 27 March 8:30pm - 9:00pm

What a mess!

On the other hand, Gasolene, at least, is also screening on TVS, which is on IceTV, if you happen to live in Sydney. I'm not sure about other locations. 4WD Pro Tips, though, isn't showing on TVS, but its 4ME scheduling is just as eclectic as Gasolene's.

Offline jlowe73

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 08:25:50 PM »
Thanks, I've only seen it on Tuesdays, and am in Melb.  I might have to change my viewing habits to fit in with the TV... but then I would have no use for IceTv (or a job, esp. if I'm watching 4ME) anymore. :)

4ME is the only channel I currently have with no EPG, so I'm not really that fussed, but it would be nice for something I paid for to work.  I've been a paid subscriber for 5 years, and have seen IceTv expand their offerings before, so I can see no reason why not now.

I can't imagine anyone wants to actually record infomercials [sic], but a service is a service, and a business is a business.  I guess a monopoly is also a monopoly...

IceTv still publish Channel 9 despite prior issues.  I think the same approach should be applied to all channels equally, but I'm not the one making the money.

Justin.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 08:58:15 PM »
The problem I see is that the way 4ME programs stuff may not fit with IceTV's prediction algorithms that seem to work reasonably well with normal channels.

The Nine lawsuit isn't really comparable. That was IMO really an IceTV or no IceTV situation.

Offline muscats

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 12:44:33 PM »
I don't care about having guide data for infomercial channels, as others have said what is there to record, however, I do not like see "no data available" in the guide, particularly if I am showing of my setup to someone who has not seen it before or have guest staying over and they make a comment like, "Oh, you don't get data for some of your channels, looks like a good system". Maybe something that just shows the word "Infomercial" or "Infomercial Channel" instead.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 02:16:36 PM »
Can't you exclude it from your EPG by using Favourites? That works on Beyonwiz, and on Topfields (IIRC). Not sure about others. I don't have it showing except when I put the Beyonwiz into All Services mode for testing.

Favourites can also allow you to put the services into a preferred order - I group all services from the same broadcaster together on our BWs, rather than in the LCN order that the default All Services list gives.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »
Favourites are the way to go for the reasons prl mentioned.

You can also delete any unwanted channels like 4ME and Extra or Gold:

For example, on a Humax you would:
While viewing a TV channel, press the List button, highlight the channel to be deleted, press Green button (Edit), select Delete, press OK, answer yes.

If you delete any channels, make sure that you disable Dynamic Update to stop those channels reappearing.

Again, on a Humax you would disable Dynamic Update as follows:
- MENU > Settings > Installation > Dynamic Update > OFF
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:38:12 PM by Dave at IceTV »
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Share via facebook Share via twitter