Author Topic: Resend ...  (Read 6345 times)

Offline xanthi

• View Profile
Resend ...
« on: December 01, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »
Had some funny entries in the T4 timers, e.g., waiting. No station information or anything, just "Waiting" Quite a few entries actually. So deleted most of the entries except for the top most one. Logged on to the IceTv site, went to my recorders and did a resend of the timers. That was over an hour ago. Now I have just one timer set for later this afternoon.

Are all my timers for the Beyonwiz T4 lost? Hope not.

And also have noticed that at times certain programs are recorded not by name but by date. Is that an error in both the T4 and T3 or is it something to do with IceTV

Cheers, xanthi

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
Re: Resend ...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 03:47:35 PM »
You still have 44 series setup in your account. But 20 episodes for the next week have been cancelled. Your Beyonwiz told IceTV to cancel those episodes.

I've rescheduled those 20 episodes but only 9 new queued schedules appeared in my week, so the others may have duplicates or triplicates or old entries. PS those 9 are showing as scheduled now. Basically your missing schedules for Sat-Sun are back.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »
Had some funny entries in the T4 timers, e.g., waiting. No station information or anything, just "Waiting" Quite a few entries actually. So deleted most of the entries except for the top most one. Logged on to the IceTv site, went to my recorders and did a resend of the timers. That was over an hour ago. Now I have just one timer set for later this afternoon.
Resending the timers in the IceTV Web just marks them to be resent. They only actually get sent when the Beyonwiz contacts IceTV for an update. You can force that with MENU>Plugins>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers.

But if you delete IceTV timers on the Beyonwiz, as Dave says, the timers get deleted on IceTV.

If you are now receiving Nine HD but timers set for Nine HD show their channel as blank or as Gem, that is a known bug with a probable fix already posted on the Beyonwiz forum. It's waiting for the person who looks after the Beyonwiz IceTV client and the Beyonwiz distributions to come back on board. I don't know exactly when that will be. Timers affected by this bug appear to record normally. There's more detail in Recordings on 9HD via IceTV show as GEM on Timers list on the Beyonwiz forum. This is a Beyonwiz firmware bug.

...And also have noticed that at times certain programs are recorded not by name but by date. Is that an error in both the T4 and T3 or is it something to do with IceTV...

When an IceTV timer is created on the Beyonwiz it looks up the program's name the (IceTV) EPG as the timer's (and later, the recording's) name, but an empty title is being returned from the EPG. There have been reports of "holes" in some IceTV EPG data that may be the cause of this. I'm not certain, but this seems to be an IceTV problem. There has been some discussion of the missing EPG data here on the IceTV forum in IS ANYBODY FROM ICEV READING THIS? Missing epg data (and probably other topics).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 04:06:54 PM »
1:Are all my timers for the Beyonwiz T4 lost? Hope not.
2:And also have noticed that at times certain programs are recorded not by name but by date. Is that an error in both the T4 and T3 or is it something to do with IceTV
1: yeah, I have had this before too, was always fun around DST when you change the PVR clock by an hour and delete all the timers to get them resent, if the PVR tells ICEtv that the timers have been deleted, ICEtv will also delete them for the week from the server.   I did a different trick this year which worked, I pulled out the PVR network connection and deleted the incorrect timers, powered the PVR down then up, then plugged in the network connection and resent from ICEtv account settings.   This was for a P2, presumably it will behave similarly for the T4.
2: this is being discussed on teh Beyonwiz forums a bit here: http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9721  and a lot more here:  http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9827 and I am sure somewhere else.  It looks like something the guys there are still getting to the bottom of, hopefully soon we will know 100% the cause.   It is suggested the timers are sent with no names, and the Wiz, if it has EPG for that time at the time, will name the timer automatically.   But this is only a bit of a guess, the evidence being that some people are finding blank in the EPG also around the time that the timer is set for.   I have had it once for Fargo a few weeks ago.   Strangely I have seen more than one entry in the timer list that don't have names, but so far, only one recording without a name, so it does seem like the Wiz will eventually pick up a name for the timer (hmm, is it perhaps once you do a full restart rather than the quick standby?)
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 04:09:51 PM »

Are all my timers for the Beyonwiz T4 lost? Hope not.

And also have noticed that at times certain programs are recorded not by name but by date. Is that an error in both the T4 and T3 or is it something to do with IceTV

Cheers, xanthi
Note that "Waiting" is the correct status for a timer. Obviously if the channel/date time data is missing that is a problem, but the status waiting is correct.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 04:10:10 PM »
1: yeah, I have had this before too, was always fun around DST ...   This was for a P2, presumably it will behave similarly for the T4.
It's not similar on the T4. The action to take at DST changeover on a T4 is ... nothing. As it should be.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 04:16:05 PM »
It's not similar on the T4. The action to take at DST changeover on a T4 is ... nothing. As it should be.
No, I didn't mean that part being similar, I meant the removal of a timer on the Wiz GUI will also remove it from the ICE server part.  The reason I did it that way this year rather than the known  P2 "clear all timers" menu option was I was too lazy to rebuild my wake-up timer, an realised I could do it a different way with the LAN pull.   Anyway, that is partially off topic, the topic is about clearing timers from the GUI clearing them from ICE.   
Just to add (and it has been somewhat mentioned anyway), the resend all timers does nothing if you have told ICE you don't want to record something this week.  You have to go into each show (that will now I think have a "grey" dot) and click the option "schedule new recording" as a one off (since you already have the weekly/series recording event setup but by deleting the timer, told ICEtv "I don't want to record that episode this week").

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »
It is suggested the timers are sent with no names, and the Wiz, if it has EPG for that time at the time, will name the timer automatically.   But this is only a bit of a guess, the evidence being that some people are finding blank in the EPG also around the time that the timer is set for.   I have had it once for Fargo a few weeks ago.   Strangely I have seen more than one entry in the timer list that don't have names, but so far, only one recording without a name, so it does seem like the Wiz will eventually pick up a name for the timer (hmm, is it perhaps once you do a full restart rather than the quick standby?)

I'm still looking at what might be causing it, but I have noticed that a reboot will cause the BW to populate the correct title assuming that the epg is properly populated. It is confusing because I have IceTV timers that have blank titles and corresponding blanks in the epg but I also have IceTV timers that have the correct title even though the epg is blank for those days.
Also, when I've had a blank section in the epg, I've managed to populate it by disabling and re-enabling IceTV.
Again, its not clear if the issue is relating to what is being sent from IceTV, or how it is managed when it arrives at the BW, or something about the interface software or how the plugin deals with certain changes/updates.

I am going to post something on the BW forum in the next few days once I have tried to understand what is happening.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 04:24:33 PM »
You have to go into each show (that will now I think have a "grey" dot) and click the option "schedule new recording" as a one off (since you already have the weekly/series recording event setup but by deleting the timer, told ICEtv "I don't want to record that episode this week").

From the website, you don't need to create a new single recording any more. In the TV Guide or My Week, when you click on a show with a grey icon there is a "Record this episode" link below the synopsys, where it gives the reason for that episode not being set to record.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 04:39:33 PM »
... It is suggested the timers are sent with no names, and the Wiz, if it has EPG for that time at the time, will name the timer automatically.   But this is only a bit of a guess, the evidence being that some people are finding blank in the EPG also around the time that the timer is set for. ...
IceTV timers aren't sent with a name in them (or if they are, the IceTV plugin ignores it). When the timer is created, if the code creating the timer doesn't supply a timer name (as in the case with IceTV), the timer name (and description) is created by looking up the event in the EPG that matches the midpoint of the padded run time of the timer. If that fails to return a value, the timer will have no name, and its recording will show up listed by date and service name.

The evidence that the problem is caused by problems with the EPG is rather better than "a bit of a guess".

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 04:43:15 PM »
... I'm still looking at what might be causing it, but I have noticed that a reboot will cause the BW to populate the correct title assuming that the epg is properly populated. It is confusing because I have IceTV timers that have blank titles and corresponding blanks in the epg but I also have IceTV timers that have the correct title even though the epg is blank for those days. ...
The reboot will run a fetch from the IceTV server. If an update to an existing is sent, a new timer is created and it has another chance of looking up its name. That may or may not work. That means that this can both fix the timer's name or clear it, and that changes don't necessarily happen when the hole in the EPG data is filled.

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 04:52:49 PM »
... I'm still looking at what might be causing it, but I have noticed that a reboot will cause the BW to populate the correct title assuming that the epg is properly populated. It is confusing because I have IceTV timers that have blank titles and corresponding blanks in the epg but I also have IceTV timers that have the correct title even though the epg is blank for those days. ...
The reboot will run a fetch from the IceTV server. If an update to an existing is sent, a new timer is created and it has another chance of looking up its name. That may or may not work. That means that this can both fix the timer's name or clear it, and that changes don't necessarily happen when the hole in the EPG data is filled.
Rebooting does more than just a normal fetch. A normal fetch won't fill the empty title but a reboot does.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 05:00:02 PM »
when you click on a show with a grey icon there is a "Record this episode" link below the synopsys, where it gives the reason for that episode not being set to record.
Ahh yes, well so there is, isn't in quite the obvious place like the other 5 options with little icons in front though (but I shouldn't have missed it since it is literally the text proceeding the other recording options).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 05:20:11 PM »
Rebooting does more than just a normal fetch.
Are you sure about that? I've looked at the code, and it doesn't look like that at all to me.

A normal fetch won't fill the empty title but a reboot does.
I'm unconvinced. But I've never seen this problem, so it's hard for me to test it. Given the nature of the problem, it's hard to test anyway.

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 05:30:52 PM »
Rebooting does more than just a normal fetch.
Are you sure about that? I've looked at the code, and it doesn't look like that at all to me.

A normal fetch won't fill the empty title but a reboot does.
I'm unconvinced. But I've never seen this problem, so it's hard for me to test it. Given the nature of the problem, it's hard to test anyway.

99% sure that a reboot will restore a missing timer title if that data exists in the epg. I did it yesterday. its why I know that if I have future timers with missing titles that thy will resolve themselves before the recording starts.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Resend ... Problems again!

Started by xanthi on SKIPPA

5 Replies
Last post January 12, 2016, 10:42:17 AM
by prl
xx
Resending a single scheduled timer

Started by grahford on Smart Recording website and General questions

3 Replies
Last post March 19, 2013, 01:49:46 PM