Author Topic: Recommendations - second time round  (Read 1143 times)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Recommendations - second time round
« on: January 14, 2015, 11:50:35 AM »
Are the Recommendations in the IceTV Android App supposed to be personalised (i.e. based on the recording/favourites or other settings for individual users) or not?

About IceTV suggests that they are the same as the IcePicks emails, but the Recommendations I have in the app today (14 Jan) are quite a different set from what was in the last IcePicks (12 Jan). However, what's in the About page about Recommendations is a bit vague.

Are there plans to add Recommendations to the IceTV Web interface, or to the OS X Dashboard widget (and other widgets, if they also lack Recommendations)?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
Re: Recommendations - second time round
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 02:51:55 PM »
Are the Recommendations in the IceTV Android App supposed to be personalised (i.e. based on the recording/favourites or other settings for individual users) or not?
No. Though that may come in future.

About IceTV suggests that they are the same as the IcePicks emails, but the Recommendations I have in the app today (14 Jan) are quite a different set from what was in the last IcePicks (12 Jan). However, what's in the About page about Recommendations is a bit vague.
Not sure about this one.  Recommendations on the Android app is currently showing 'picks' for the rest of the week plus the weekend, whereas Monday's IcePicks email contains picks for the coming Mon-Fri and Friday's IcePicks email contains picks for the weekend. I suspect if you checked Recommendations on a Monday it would be the same as Monday's IcePicks email.

Are there plans to add Recommendations to the IceTV Web interface, or to the OS X Dashboard widget (and other widgets, if they also lack Recommendations)?
Yes for the webpage, as far as I know, but the OS X Dashboard and Windows Yahoo widgets are no longer supported or updated.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendations - second time round
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 06:41:57 PM »
OK. Thanks, Dave.

Share via facebook Share via twitter