Author Topic: Playtv Sony ps3  (Read 11168 times)

Offline chaosr1

• View Profile
Playtv Sony ps3
« on: February 22, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »
With the looming release of playtv for the Sony ps3 I wonder if icetv could be incorporated into it, as usual the epg will be the big let down in Australia. Any chance you guys at ice have been approached or have any plans in  the pipeline.

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
Re: Playtv Sony ps3
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 07:46:36 AM »
With the looming release of playtv for the Sony ps3 I wonder if icetv could be incorporated into it, as usual the epg will be the big let down in Australia. Any chance you guys at ice have been approached or have any plans in  the pipeline.

With many new PVR type products soon to enter the Australian market needing an independent & interactive EPG solution we have been approached by a host of different potential partners.

As formal business relationships are officially formed we will notify all users and the industry press via a press release and through the news and blog section of our website.

One thing is for sure... the PS3... with BlueRay, an inbuilt digital TV Tuner and PVR functionality via the PlayTV platform... makes a very exciting prospect for consumers.

Cheers,

Matt

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Offline matteovinci

• View Profile
    • SD Innovative Solutions
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 07:57:24 PM »
although the fact that it will not be released in australia indefinately at the present time, would no doubt be a disappointment to many ps3 users putting it at the centre of their home entertainment

i have got a playtv from the uk via ebay however, it worked out to be around $130
for a dual HD tuner which can record to HDD, thats a bargain in my book

the only shame is that on the PS3 with existing firmware, SBS can not be tuned, due to the software not scanning on UHF

hopefully Sony will see the error of their ways in missing out on such an enthusiastic market

Offline rdlean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »
although the fact that it will not be released in australia indefinately at the present time, would no doubt be a disappointment to many ps3 users putting it at the centre of their home entertainment

i have got a playtv from the uk via ebay however, it worked out to be around $130
for a dual HD tuner which can record to HDD, thats a bargain in my book

the only shame is that on the PS3 with existing firmware, SBS can not be tuned, due to the software not scanning on UHF

hopefully Sony will see the error of their ways in missing out on such an enthusiastic market

sony have indicated that the SBS problem will be fixed by software when it is released in australia by october

I came in here to suggest to icetv that they consider playtv support in the future but thankfully they are on the ball...

Offline jmasson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:50:22 PM »
Word on the street is Nov 26th for official Australian release...

Any update on Ice TV support for it? :)

Offline chrisburton9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »
would love to know if this will be supported too.
going to buy one today so hopefully it will be compatible soon enough so i can replace using my media centre one and put it straight to my ps3

Offline TrevorHolls

• View Profile
    • Web Development Proposal
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 12:10:39 PM »
Word on the street is Nov 26th for official Australian release...

Any update on Ice TV support for it? :)

I'm keen on this one too.  Words the G.O.?

Offline Chris_Barnard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »
Hi Guys,

I was just about to ask the same, I have a PS3 and was thinking of buying the tuner to suppliment my Beyonwiz.

Sometimes Twin Tuners are not enough.

Any updates???

Cheers

Chris

Offline jmasson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »
Any updates???

Would be great to hear if there is something in the pipeline... Win 7 is giving me the ***** so I would love to grab a couple PlayTV units and move everything to PS3... No IceTV is a deal breaker atm though!

Offline peterdeg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 09:43:55 AM »
<bump>

PS3 is the centre of my media universe. Any hope for IceTV on it?
Sick of forgetting to record things and not being able to because I'm not at home, tv stations moving shows around and lack of series support.

lukem

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 10:05:47 AM »
We believe a secondary box to complement PS3 would be a better solution so that game play, for example, is not sacrificed while shows a recording in the background.

I will raise this with our dev and business teams to see if we can offer a solution.

Offline peterdeg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 10:58:30 AM »
Thanks. Guess I can't ask for more than that.

Share via facebook Share via twitter