Author Topic: New Recorder  (Read 1462 times)

Offline grannydi

• View Profile
New Recorder
« on: August 11, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »
Hi
We have had 2 different Beyonwiz Recorders and after a period of time when we try to view a recording we get an error message saying the item is unavailable ,,, can't be found ... error on disk etc
Each time we have sent the recorder back to Beyonwiz for repair and each time it has taken monthssssss and heaps of phone calls before anything happens.
This time even our retailer could not get an answer from Beyonwiz and after contacting consumer affairs, we requested a refund from our retailer and were grateful that they agreed to our request.
soooo,
we are in the market for a new recorder and this time would like to purchase a RELIABLE one :)
Any comments/recommendations would be gratefully reviewed
With thanks for your guidance
Granny

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New Recorder
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »
Most people find Beyonwiz recorders pretty reliable. They sometimes develop problems with their power supplies (especially the older models) which can cause flow-on problems with the disk and other components.

If you're not happy with Beyonwiz's repairs, it may be worthwhile getting in contact with Warkus (Mark) on the Beyonwiz forum (you'll have to register to make posts or send personal messages). Mark has developed a strong reputation on the forum for the speed and quality of his repairs. I've never needed to use his services, but I wouldn't hesitate to if I had a problem with my DP series Beyonwizes.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 05:06:06 PM »
There is a recently-released Beyonwiz 3-tuner model, completely different technology. But given your experiences, you may not want to try it. Personally, I think it needs another six months for the firmware to settle down before it becomes really usable.

Offline Paul55

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:42:06 PM »
Can you tell us which models you had/have and how long for? I've found Beyonwiz to be extremely reliable - 5 in my family over a 5 year period and never a problem that couldn't be quickly and easily resolved. No hardware repairs needed (yet).

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Suggestion: Email newsletter of pilot episodes

Started by Peter_H on General Discussions

2 Replies
Last post June 20, 2019, 10:59:30 PM
by Peter_H
xx
New SBS channel

Started by Melb137 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2019, 01:04:41 PM