Author Topic: IceTV support? Hmmm contact us doesn't work reliably i am afraid.  (Read 3707 times)

Offline sunfish

• View Profile
I have posted emails to support and received varying results  . I have also requested support via the web based form and received no reply  . sometimes (well once to my first request )  I have received good series of responses without prompting unfortunately they didn't solve the issue i was having , but at least an serious attempt was made to do so. Another time i received a repsonse with an apology for the long time in doing so . Another time I received a response after getting no response waiting an extended period and sending an negative email about such . Other times I have received none at all .
I would like too know why one doesn't even receive an auto reply to support requests , which at least acknowledges the request was received . And why at times one doesn't receive any real reply to support requests ?
IceTV support is unreliable if you ask me.
$99 per year is a lot to ask for a subscription service that doesn't have a formalized and organized support team . and I think subscribers deserve a more organized support for their fees paid  . If only directing to a FAQ when appropriate as a start.
I mean what is support without any ?
thanks

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: IceTV support? Hmmm contact us doesn't work reliably i am afraid.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:13:30 PM »
Each email request gets tracked. You should receive an email back almost instantly with a link so you can read your initial request (and any responses). You'll also receive responses by email from our support staff.

The tracking system has only been place for a couple of months, but we've always had a support team.

If the support questions were asked a long time ago (over a few weeks) then maybe it might be a good idea to send them through again?

Offline sunfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 08:03:06 AM »
i don't make this post lightly but based on more than one .
i posted a several questions via web based form (because previous emails sent had received variable repsonses either some , none or v late , initial emails during trial period were responded too {hate to be cynical but its true if responses were received like in they were in the trial period all would be fine } , i.e. last email sent previously received no response at all ) about 5-6 weeks ago . I received no auto repsonse or technical response to this at all .

I keep my emails so there should be a record in my email application of all questions and responses . I am happy to post a log here regarding this .

I am pleased if you have started using a auto response and organized response team at your end . But I am disappointed that it has taken you so long to do so. (this should have been setup when you started taking paid subscriptions or earlier) .
As I said $100 per year subscription seems like a lot ( i have no idea of you overheads so i can't really say ) but it does seem that icetv is taking advantage of its more or less monopoly with its type of service . I would be very happy if another player would enter into the field and we could see some competition in terms of service . This hopefully would help rid IceTv of several annoying bugs in its intergration with elgato diversity . But I don't see how this is going to happen. So I am hoping the bugs will be eliminated somehow .
Finally why doesn't the icetv team put more energy into providing service via contact us etc or getting its basic intergration to work rather than developing widgets etc . aren't you putting icing on the cake before it is baked ?

Offline sunfish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 10:15:34 AM »
I'll check my email to see if I did receive an automated response to my support request via web based form , or email . regardless responses to emails sent to contactus have varied from immediate and helpful to , delayed and apologetic , to none at all .
thanks.

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 02:41:30 PM »
Thanks. I've PMed you to follow this up.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect

Started by Iceplex on Plex

24 Replies
Last post July 16, 2019, 10:15:12 AM