Author Topic: icetv schedules shows for no reason I can figure out  (Read 1431 times)

Offline kayleneo

• View Profile
icetv schedules shows for no reason I can figure out
« on: September 10, 2013, 09:13:34 AM »
Occasionally icetv schedules shows for no reason that I can determine- the shows are not on my list of shows to record and they don't meet my keywords
This week I have:
 Anh Does Britain ‘Part 1’ 7TWO
and         
SCU: Serious Crash Unit ‘Silverdale’
Both are repeats and I cannot delete either of them from my recording list.  I try and they return.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
Re: icetv schedules shows for no reason I can figure out
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »
Hi Kaylene,

Both of those shows are single recordings. i.e. They are not series recordings and not keyword recordings.

As they are both on the same channel, one after the other, and you cannot delete them from My Week they would be coming from your Beyonwiz. It is reporting to IceTV that there is a timer covering that timeslot, which is why they appear in My Week.

On your Beyonwiz, press Pop-Up then OK on Timer List. Then check if there is a "Weekly" timer set for Sat for around 9pm on 7two. Then delete it with the green button.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline kayleneo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 03:47:18 PM »
Thanks Dave.  I don't set recordings on the wiz - all are done via icetv - so not sure where it's come from.  I checked the wiz and there is a once off recording for Anh (which with padding is set for ~90 mins) - there isn't a recording for SCU - but maybe it thinks there is because of the padding.

I've deleted the Anh recording and checked the ios app version and they have both now vanished - so that's got rid of the recordings at least..  But still a bit baffled where it's come from.  I don't set weekly timers anymore on the device since getting icetv.  Maybe there was a recording at the same time slot that got changed and it didn't clear out from the wiz properly.
As I noted previously, it's not the first time its happened - I occasionally get programs recorded that I am not sure why they have turned up.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »
You do have a number of keyword recordings, and they are all multi-word without double quotes, so they can sometimes cause unexpected recordings. For example, a keyword of paul kelly could match on a description that includes: Paul and his dog, Kelly became lost.

To avoid unexpected matches I'd suggest enclosing the keywords in double quotes. Using the above example, you would change paul kelly to "paul kelly"

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect

Started by Iceplex on Plex

25 Replies
Last post July 18, 2019, 11:01:01 PM