Author Topic: Icebox2 Experiences So Far  (Read 3333 times)

Offline RogerTF1

• View Profile
Icebox2 Experiences So Far
« on: April 17, 2006, 10:57:48 AM »
Just my experiences. I set up the IceBox2 on Thursday and have been very pleased with it. I dont have a lot of experience with network setup but muddled my way through. I cant work out how to download files from the toppy using the file manager but ftp with  FileZilla works fine. It seems to download on my network at about 530 kB/sec but if I turn the toppy off during a transfer it shifts to about 690 kB/sec. The transfers are slow but the trade off is that I can do them now overnight without mucking around with cables. The downside of the second mode is that it will only download the first file in the FileZilla queue at the higher speed before realising that the topp is in standby and stopping the transfer. I dont know if there is an issue with the error checking on big files- I transferred one file from the toppy to the computer then changed the file name and sent it back. It wouldnt play all the way through. I transferred it back to the Toppy a second time and it did work that time. I understand that the file transfer is still Beta.
'Very happy with the 7 day guide. I fiddled with a couple of epg viewers and so far have found the JustEpg is the best for me. All up very happy with the $219 purchase. Of course I am having a problem today - I cant get a manual or automatic fetch of the iceguide to work. I am getting this response from the icebox when I try an epg fetch    /bin/sh: echo: Argument list too long /bin/sh: echo: Argument list too long  
or
time sync fail
I dont know if that is because of my fiddling with the settings or if there is an ice problem over Easter - perhaps the epg has only been updated to Friday night (?)- we'll see tomorrow.
Roger

Offline RogerTF1

• View Profile
Re: Icebox2 Experiences So Far
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 12:49:03 PM »
And to answer my own question about not being able to sync over Easter - if you use the correct password you don't have as many problems... :-[

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Icebox2 Power Supply

Started by dclayw on Topfield

14 Replies
Last post February 27, 2012, 01:41:27 PM
by dclayw
xx
TF5000pvrt, IceBox2 setup from scratch - help?

Started by tumutbound on Topfield

0 Replies
Last post October 21, 2010, 06:48:00 PM
by tumutbound
xx
Can't log into my IceBox2

Started by Bigboboz on Topfield

6 Replies
Last post July 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM
by pread
xx
Changed main router - Can't connect to ICEBOX2