Author Topic: IceBox2 and Beyonwiz  (Read 5108 times)

Offline jehale

• View Profile
IceBox2 and Beyonwiz
« on: March 23, 2009, 01:52:59 PM »
I am currently using an Icebox2 with my toppy 5000.
I am thinking of upgrading my PVR to a Beyonwiz.
Can I use the IceBox2 to provide a network connection to the Beyonwiz to continue to use my ICE subscription?

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: IceBox2 and Beyonwiz
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 02:10:37 PM »
Maybe.   Except you will plug the Wiz into the icebox LAN port, rather than USB port.   I think the ICEBOX2 just acts like a wireless bridge, and so should be fine (of course all the Topfield 5K specific stuff on it will no longer work, but if you are just using it as a bridge, it should do that fine).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline jillmess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »
Yes - I am using an icebox2 to connect to both my Toppy (USB port) and a beyonwiz DP-H1 (LAN port).

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:46:49 AM »
Yes - I am using an icebox2 to connect to both my Toppy (USB port) and a beyonwiz DP-H1 (LAN port).
Ditto here - works like a charm. Beware of the power supply that the ASUS Icebox comes supplied with - it often slowly fails and becomes eratic in its behaviour. I have had to replace it twice already over a 3 year period. The last one I replaced it with turned out in fact to be marginal as well and it would often just shut down, particularly when the box was handling data. You need a power supply with the full 2.5A rating - a 2.1A unit will work but fail periodically.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Offline jehale

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »
 :)
Great news.
Thanks

Offline OzLooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 05:38:48 PM »
Ditto here - works like a charm. Beware of the power supply that the ASUS Icebox comes supplied with - it often slowly fails and becomes eratic in its behaviour. I have had to replace it twice already over a 3 year period. The last one I replaced it with turned out in fact to be marginal as well and it would often just shut down, particularly when the box was handling data. You need a power supply with the full 2.5A rating - a 2.1A unit will work but fail periodically.

It looks like my IceBox2 is having problems. I've been getting audio interference for a few days, even on a battery operated radio. Wandering around with radio shows the interference gets worse the closer I get to power cables. I've now confirmed that the problem is the IceBox2, unplugging it stops the interference instantly. There is also no interference when the unit is on until I attach anything else, eg usb cable to Toppy 5000 (makes it the worst), ethernet cable from different devices to different sockets. It is otherwise apparently functioning normally.

Given the quote above it sounds like I should replace the power supply. This means the power pack that plugs into the wall, right? Can I use any one I happen to have lying around that is 2.5A? If not, where do I buy one?

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Icebox2 Power Supply

Started by dclayw on Topfield

14 Replies
Last post February 27, 2012, 01:41:27 PM
by dclayw
xx
TF5000pvrt, IceBox2 setup from scratch - help?

Started by tumutbound on Topfield

0 Replies
Last post October 21, 2010, 06:48:00 PM
by tumutbound
xx
Can't log into my IceBox2

Started by Bigboboz on Topfield

6 Replies
Last post July 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM
by pread
xx
Changed main router - Can't connect to ICEBOX2