Author Topic: Ice resource hogging, Vista SP1 issue and Radeon 3450 problem  (Read 3818 times)

Offline ncaross

• View Profile
Ok, so I recently added Vista SP1, and swapped an Nvidia 8500 card for and ATi 3450 (because it had HDCP).

Now my Media Center (Q6600, 2GB RAM Shuttle D'VO) runs like a dog, the discs are always churning and I can only reach 13 channels (and Channel 7 doesn't work).

I've reinstalled ATi drivers and ICE, but surely ICE shouldn't be using up 300MB of RAM all the time??

I don't know why Channel 7 has gone juddery - I used to be able receive several versions of each channel (lower North Shore, Sydney) now I get a total of 13.

I so utterly hate Media Center. Any help? Please?

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
Re: Ice resource hogging, Vista SP1 issue and Radeon 3450 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 04:28:04 PM »
From your description I'd say your problem lies in the installation of the graphics drivers, rather than IceInteractive. Did you completely uninstall the nVidia drivers before installing the ATI ones? Try completely uninstalling all graphics drivers (you could use something like Driver Sweeper from within the Windows Safe mode) and then rebooting and reinstalling the ATI drivers again.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 04:34:49 PM »
Definitely worth checking everything, but as far as the IceTV Interactive application it shouldn't be using 300MB of ram. First step is to run through the instructions that I have posted here http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=970.msg4304#msg4304 and see if that gets it running smoothly again.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline ncaross

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 11:33:43 PM »
Bloody Hell, Daniel!

As I write this me Media Center has spent three minutes deleting what might be millions of 1KB .bin files from the 'Pending' folder. There doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Much has already been explained.

Vista couldn't even display this folder and crashed when I tried to delete it. I had to resort to Killbox to do it.

It's still deleting.

Dying to know how much space this all took up.

I'll keep you posted.

Also - before doing this, I found I've lost ABC2 now - it was working fine, but when rescanning for 7 it vanished.

Still deleting...

After 45mins I left it and went to bed. It looks like 0.5GB of sub 1KB files were deleted from that folder. ICETV is defo working much better now. Rescanned (from scratch) for channels and found 49. However, none of the Channel 7 ones work   >:(

Still, something is fixed.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:13:32 AM by ncaross »

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect