Author Topic: huh... discount code will not work  (Read 7884 times)

Offline Justin84

• View Profile
huh... discount code will not work
« on: February 11, 2009, 09:31:26 AM »
Hey all,

I have been offered a discount code for a years subscription (sent to my emails address), but when I go to subscribe using the discount code it says that I cannot use this discount code with my account!?! I am signing in with the same account that the discount was offered to. The doscount code is well within the expiry date. Can someone please help me? The link to "contact us" is broken (and ironically it says that if this link is boken please contact us. lol). Thank you for the help guys!!

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
Re: huh... discount code will not work
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 09:47:15 AM »
The link to "contact us" is broken (and ironically it says that if this link is boken please contact us. lol). Thank you for the help guys!!

Hi Justin,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. This has to do with problems redirecting once you get to a secure page ("https://..."), we are looking into this but its an extremely difficult problem to resolve. The link to the contact us page does work outside of the online store pages (ie when you are on a normal "http://...." page).

I have been offered a discount code for a years subscription (sent to my emails address), but when I go to subscribe using the discount code it says that I cannot use this discount code with my account!?! I am signing in with the same account that the discount was offered to. The doscount code is well within the expiry date.

Which IceTV UserID are you trying to use? This discount code system is certainly working and problems are normally caused if you have had more than 1 account registered with us. Please send through an email with the UserID you are trying to use (checking that it is the same that was on the email itself) via our Contact Us (http://www.icetv.com.au/contactus) page directed to IceTV Sales and I will personally look into the matter for you.

We certainly don't want you to miss out.

Cheers,

mattk
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Offline mazman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 08:50:20 PM »
Try this, and follow the prompts:
http://www.icetv.com.au/topfieldentry.shtml

Then when you put your user id and password, it should hopefully add the free code to your existing subscription.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:51:55 PM by mazman »

Offline atelier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
At least you got a code to not work! :o
I did the $30 dollars off thingy admins you know what I'm on about "Summerdayz"

Congratulations.... you're finished. An email will be sent to you shortly containing a discount code as promised. You will then be able to use this code to get $30 off a 1 year membership to IceTV.  ::)

and the code never arrive..  :-[ >:( :'(

Was logged in when I did the thing,
Used the email my account is registered with as the response/email destination.
Nuth'n... NĂ¡da  :-\

By the way why did I have to register a second time to get into the Forum ???

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 10:34:08 AM »
Hi,

the code never arrive..

It looks like you did the survey last night. Since the discounts are sent out by hand, you'll probably receive yours tomorrow, when someone from the sales staff is back in the office.  Sorry for the delay.

By the way why did I have to register a second time to get into the Forum?

The forum uses its own set of usernames so people that aren't IceTV subscribers can login and ask questions also.

Also, this forum thread is a year old, so you might want to use a more recent one, or start a new one, if you have other questions about the survey.

Thanks,
Russell

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »
I completed my survey on Wed Jan 19, but I haven't heard anything back from IceTV, either. Could have been a typo in the email address, but I don't think so. I've checked the spam folder in my email account, and it wasn't there (the original announcement of the survey was, though).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »
I completed my survey on Wed Jan 19, but I haven't heard anything back from IceTV, either. Could have been a typo in the email address, but I don't think so. I've checked the spam folder in my email account, and it wasn't there (the original announcement of the survey was, though).

Yeah, I think you should have received it by now, so you might want to contact the sales team and get them to check into it.

Russell

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 12:08:11 PM »
Thanks, Russell. I've contacted them.

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 02:02:32 PM »
If you don't get it then PM me - you can have mine
Beyonwiz T2 1gb + E8400 Win Svr 2013, 4GB RAM, 8TB storage, Tiny Twin USB Tuner, Hauppauge WinTV NOVA TD-500 Tuner + IceTV Skippa

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 03:54:14 PM »
If you don't get it then PM me - you can have mine
Thanks, but it's no biggie. I'm subscribed out to 2012 anyway :)

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 05:17:55 PM »
Guess I should have also said that the system worked for me - I completed the survey the day it came out and recieved the voucher email @ Mon 18/01/2010 11:55 PM - so it looks like the automated process was working at that point

Share via facebook Share via twitter