Author Topic: Help! Recordings starting 1hr earlier since daylight savings started  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Eira

• View Profile
Can someone tell me how to rectify this problem please

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Recordings starting 1hr earlier since daylight savings started
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 10:19:10 PM »
What timezone do you live in, what device are you recording onto, have you setup your device clock properly?
(ICE sends the timers in GMT time, and the device you record on adjusts to local time, so if you have the wrong GMT offset setup in your device, the timers will be wrong.    Also, if you live in Brisbane but use Sydney's data for example, you will end up with the wrong times for all the shows).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Eira

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 12:57:54 PM »
I live in Sydney, have a Beyonwiz DP-S1 and i have the clock set to the correct time???

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
I live in Sydney, have a Beyonwiz DP-S1 and i have the clock set to the correct time???
Hi, Eria.

You need to have your time zone settings correct, too. On the Beyonwiz, DST time changes should be done by time zone adjustments, not by changing the clock.

First, disable IceTV in SETUP>Network>Ice Guide.

Are you using AUTO, MANUAL or NETWORK time?

If AUTO, you should have the timezone set for the appropriate region, and Daylight Saving set to Enable (set it back to Disable when DST finishes).

If MANUAL or NETWORK time, set the time zone to +11:00 (set it back to +10:00 when DST finishes).

When you've made sure that the time zone settings are correct, check that the clock is correct, too, and set it to the correct time if necessary.

Once you've done that, clear the IceTV EPG cache (in SETUP>System>Initialize) and delete all timers (POPUP>Timer List).

Then go to the Web page for your IceTV account, and go to My Account>TV recorders, and click on "Resend all recordings" for the Beyonwiz IceTV device.

Wait at least one hour.

Enable IceTV again. The IceTV EPG and all your timers should reload correctly.

Sorry that the procedure is so long-winded, but it should work no matter what the time/time zone state of your Beyonwiz is.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Eira

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:36:01 PM »
Thank you for all your help, I would never have figured that out!! I have done it word for word and am now waiting the hour to see if it works, i will let you know. And thanks again

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Help! The McMafia have stolen our apostrophe!

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:18:06 PM
by prl
xx
TRF-2400, Lost my PIN code. Help!

Started by Ianl on Topfield

2 Replies
Last post April 03, 2013, 01:35:33 PM
by Ianl
xx
Help! Guide imports in but the times are all wrong