Author Topic: Help configuring WL500g - getting Log In page instead of router info page  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Nymms

• View Profile
Hi guys hoping someone can help,

Setting up my ASUS WL500g for the first time using a Mac and a Topfield Masterpiece. Unsure if I should have posted in the toppy section but seeing this is a problem configuring the router via ethernet on my Mac (before connection to a Topfield) this seemed the best place.

So I am following the instructions included from icetv but I'm stuck at step 4 - connecting to the router via the IP address 192.168.1.1 (after setting up my macs ethernet to 192.168.1.2 like the instructions state).

The instructions tell me I should see is the router information page (where I can setup my wireless settings, WEP etc). Instead I come to a Log In page asking for a username and password. My first attempt was to enter admin/admin then tried my icetv login (yes already set this up) all to no avail (get Error: Bad username/password .

Can any guess what is happening, my guess is either my instructions are wrong and I'm missing a password or perhaps someone at ice forgot to install the icetv firmware.

Any suggestions please.

Cheers,
G

Offline paulgraham

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
Do you have a wireless modem or second rauter on the system? Maybe you are getting into that? (That happened to me)

Paul

Offline Nymms

• View Profile
Thanks Paul, you were right! My understanding of networks and wireless is basic (I am a Mac user ::) ). I thought any router/card would have a unique IP address and that this only is what I was connecting to.  Once I turned off my airport and unplugged the wireless router for ADSL, I was seeing the ICEtv settings page for the ASUS.

Tomorrow I'll get on upgrading the firmware on my toppy and connecting the ASUS. Thanks again for your assistance.

Cheers,G

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Help! The McMafia have stolen our apostrophe!

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:18:06 PM
by prl
xx
2 tuner epg help

Started by Maxicat2003 on Humax

0 Replies
Last post June 27, 2017, 10:23:07 PM
by Maxicat2003
clip
iPhone app help