Author Topic: Extended Warranties with United no longer available  (Read 1689 times)

Offline mytvok

• View Profile
Extended Warranties with United no longer available
« on: November 06, 2010, 11:43:39 AM »
Hi I ordered a PVR with a 5 year extended warranty from IceTV on 4th November 2010. Today 6th Nov 2010 I logged on to find out when it would be sent. Couldn't find any information on that, but while looking around the website noticed that the 2 and 5 year warranties from United are no longer available. I'll be contacting IceTV on Monday to find out why and whether my order will be affected. The main reason I bought through IceTV was because of the warranty.

Offline Helipilot

• View Profile
Re: Extended Warranties with United no longer available
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 01:47:06 PM »
Hi, how did you get on with this ? (I also ordered a PVR last week with extended warranty)

Offline mytvok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »
A technical support person called me yesterday. He said he couldn't really answer my question as it's more of a sales enquiry. He believed IceTV would honour the warranty, but said the sales people would be the best people to provide answers. He said he would get a sales person to call me. I'm still waiting. The customer service is lousy. I've sent messages via their website and left messages on their phone. The answering machine constantly says they're experiencing a high level of calls. I wonder why? Perhaps it's because they ARE NOT RETURNING CALLS! Already I'm regretting my purchase through IceTV.

Offline IceTV Sales

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 11:19:33 AM »
Hi there,

Firstly we would like to apologise for not coming back to you yesterday. We  were inundated with orders from our sale last week and we  were trying to ensure all the orders go out in time. That’s definitely not an excuse simply and explanation for not getting back to you in a reasonable time yesterday.

We still have the extended warranties on our site, however we have had a technical issue with them because as you are aware, when you click on them, your are taken to a page that says they are no longer available. This is definitely not the case and you will receive an intro pack from United Electrical shortly after you receive your PVR from us.

Our developers are also working on the technical issue at the moment and we should hopefully have it resolved by the COB today.

Once again I sincerely apologise for the frustration this has caused.

Please look out for a more personal apology in your email inbox.

Regards,

IceTV Sales

Offline mytvok

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 12:21:49 PM »
Apology accepted. I also received a personal apology via email which has restored my faith in IceTV. Well done. More companies should take note of the good customer relations that IceTV has displayed. I now look forward to receiving my goods and enjoying recorded TV again.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Hard Drive fail on Topfield TRF-2460 + Extended Warranty query

Started by Drexl on Topfield

8 Replies
Last post January 19, 2014, 09:45:23 PM
by IanL-S
xx
Good News Week 15/6/09 extended run time

Started by Neon Kitten on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 11:37:59 PM