Author Topic: CRID - Contents Reference Indicator Data aka Overtime Recording  (Read 2750 times)

Offline italo5

• View Profile
CRID - Contents Reference Indicator Data aka Overtime Recording
« on: February 20, 2011, 04:40:17 PM »
Hi,
My current PVR is about to die and doing research on next PVR. Does IceTV support/transmit CRID or is this a PVR feature?
Also does IceTV PVR prevent archiving such as transferring recordings onto DVD. A feature that Freeview PVR does not allow.

Online prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: CRID - Contents Reference Indicator Data aka Overtime Recording
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »
Hi,
My current PVR is about to die and doing research on next PVR. Does IceTV support/transmit CRID or is this a PVR feature?
Also does IceTV PVR prevent archiving such as transferring recordings onto DVD. A feature that Freeview PVR does not allow.

As far as I know, IceTV doesn't use CRIDs, and requires the use of padding to catch programs that run over time. CRIDs don't help all that much with consecutive programs on different services anyway.

IceTV has nothing to do with whether recordings can ve copied off a PVR. All non-Freeview Beyonwizes are IceTV capable, and can copy recordings off when IceTV is used (and when it's not). At least some non-Freeview Topfields have both IceTV and the capability to copy recordings off. The two features are not related.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:21:47 AM »
Hi,

As far as I know, IceTV doesn't use CRIDs, and requires the use of padding to catch programs that run over time. CRIDs don't help all that much with consecutive programs on different services anyway.

IceTV has nothing to do with whether recordings can ve copied off a PVR. All non-Freeview Beyonwizes are IceTV capable, and can copy recordings off when IceTV is used (and when it's not). At least some non-Freeview Topfields have both IceTV and the capability to copy recordings off. The two features are not related.

Except that to use the IceTV guide in a PVR we don't make it a requirement that you can't copy recordings off the box (like Freeview does).
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Online prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »
Except that to use the IceTV guide in a PVR we don't make it a requirement that you can't copy recordings off the box (like Freeview does).
As I said.

However, the IceTV Web home page is still incorrect about:
... All IceTV enabled TV recorders can skip through those annoying ads in a flash with a ‘skip’ button on the remote control ...

The Beyonwiz FV-L1 has IceTV capability. The FV-L1 has no "ad" skip on recordings: it's Freeview badged.

Share via facebook Share via twitter