Author Topic: CompNow competition  (Read 4505 times)

Offline mtb

• View Profile
CompNow competition
« on: August 29, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »
Seems the competition is only open to NSW or VIC residents, either that or the website has a problem - the State drop-down only shows NSW and VIC.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: CompNow competition
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 01:22:29 PM »
I'm seeing the same thing. I've sent them a query about it through their online contact form.

Edit: TNSTASFL - From the entry form (my emphasis):
Fill out the your details to enter in the running to win, and to sign up to our newletters.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 05:41:13 PM by prl »
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:30:57 PM »
I simply added my state to the postcode field.

I also saw the bit about the newsletters.  Fortunately, since I own my domain, I create an email address for each site I register on - if I don't want to receive emails from them (and can't stop it the correct way) I can simple filter or drop the email address... problem solved.

Offline mikeathome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 08:24:21 AM »
Perhaps because the company only has stores in these states. I'm guessing. I'm in SA and haven't heard of them or the competition.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 09:24:53 AM »
There's nothing on the competition page that says anything about residence restrictions in the Competition Terms & Conditions. There's nothing about it in the IceTV news item, either.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 02:35:56 PM »
I've had a reply from CompNow. They said a condition of the competition was that you had to go to a CompNow store to collect the prize (should you be lucky enough to win), and have your photo taken for publicity. neither of these are in the Competition Terms and Conditions. My question about not being able to supply a non-NSW or Vic address wasn't answered. I've replied requesting clarification.

I think that both CompNow and IceTV should be a lot clearer about the entry requirements for the competition.

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 02:06:32 PM »
I've had a reply from CompNow. They said a condition of the competition was that you had to go to a CompNow store to collect the prize (should you be lucky enough to win), and have your photo taken for publicity. neither of these are in the Competition Terms and Conditions. My question about not being able to supply a non-NSW or Vic address wasn't answered. I've replied requesting clarification.

I think that both CompNow and IceTV should be a lot clearer about the entry requirements for the competition.
CompNow could be in a lot of trouble over that since they are running the competition.  If it isn't in the T&C then, legally, they cannot make these "new" conditions stick and the competition is therefore open to all comers - otherwise they can be done for misrepresentation. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:09:47 PM by mtb »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 05:26:53 PM »
I have not received any reply to my emailed request for clarification.

I decided I'd stay off their mailing list and stay on Mac1's. :)

Share via facebook Share via twitter