Author Topic: Channel 7 / SBS Reception  (Read 3795 times)

Offline rebornholy

• View Profile
Channel 7 / SBS Reception
« on: August 17, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »
Hey guys,

The last few days i have finally setup vista media center.
My pc specs are Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz 4.0GB Ram, 1 TB hd, 512MB HD4850, Leadtek DTV1000 tv card.

The last few days, i have had to run the initial scan process over 4 times just to pick up channel 7 and channel 9.
Whether im using Media centre or PVR2 leadtek software seem to be getting the same issue, like 0 signal for channel 7 to the point where it says no tv signal on the media centre.
But sometimes you will get lucky around the 6th or 7th attempt you may get some signal any ideas ?
I also have the latest windows updates & Leadtek DTV software installed.

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
Re: Channel 7 / SBS Reception
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 02:15:15 PM »
Most obvious thing is that your antenna system isn't up to the task. PC tuner cards can be a little less sensitive than in-built TV tuners, so perhaps your antenna needs an upgrade or maintenance.

If you're using Vista MC make sure you have the guide stability hotfixes enabled in the registry. The fixes themselves are included in Vista SP1, but the registry settings still need to be enabled.

Offline rebornholy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 05:39:01 AM »
Dear OzRob,

How do i enable the guide stability in the registry settings, and is there anything else with Vista that needs to be fine tuned to get the most out of the media centre ?

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 04:21:58 PM »
Dear OzRob,
How do i enable the guide stability in the registry settings, and is there anything else with Vista that needs to be fine tuned to get the most out of the media centre ?

Go to the Australian XP & Vista mediacenter forum and read the first 'sticky' post in the list. It has the instructions and the links to some patches that can update the registry. You could also search the Microsoft site.

There are many things that can be fine tuned to get the most out of VMC. In fact most of us turn it into a bit of a hobby. The site in the link above will give you a wealth of experience and information about all aspects of owning and feeding a HTPC. That's your best place to start.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
New SBS channel

Started by Melb137 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2019, 01:04:41 PM
by prl
xx
Manual Channel Tuning Problems

Started by Wills13 on General Discussions

0 Replies
Last post January 23, 2019, 10:37:23 PM