Author Topic: Are Topfield recordings displayed on IceTV web site?  (Read 4271 times)

Offline garylovesbeer

• View Profile
Are Topfield recordings displayed on IceTV web site?
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:10:39 PM »
Hi all, I'm new to this forum - Hi! - and to IceTV.

I have a REALLY dumb question...I have a Topfield TRF-2400 and would like to know if I set a show to record using the IceTV EPG on the Toppy is that setting uploaded to the IceTV website so I can view online or on my iPhone?

The reason I ask is if I am using my iPhone to schedule recordings and my wife is setting shows locally using the EPG will both choices be shown on all platforms?

TIA.

Gary
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:04:02 AM by Russell at IceTV »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Are Topfield recordings displayed on IceTV web site?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:09:30 PM »
It does on Beyonwiz PVRs. I'm not sure about Topfield. Why don't you try it?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:04:20 AM by Russell at IceTV »
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline garylovesbeer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:41:44 AM »
Thanks for editing the title Russel! :D

It appears that the TRF-2400 does not upload Reservations to the IceTV site. I have set several reservations for the next few days on several channels and none have yet appeared on the Ice site.

Maybe I should call the help line and ask.

Any other input would be most appreciated.

Gary

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:06:22 AM »
It depends on the model.

The TF7100HD-Plus, TRF-2400 and TRF-2460 do not upload timers to the website.

The TF7100HDPVRt does upload timers to the website.

In terms of other PVR's. Beyonwiz, Strong and DViCO all upload timers to the website as well.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline garylovesbeer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 09:39:09 AM »
It depends on the model.

In terms of other PVR's. Beyonwiz, Strong and DViCO all upload timers to the website as well.

Makes your job very difficult I should imagine both technically and with marketing.

Do you have any insight into whether Topfield can/will incorporate this feature into future firmware?

Bit of a bugger it does not work with my model though... :(

Offline markb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 09:47:07 AM »

Daniel, clearly the ICE client in the current gen Topfield models needs some work. It would not be difficult to add this feature (particularly when they already have the code in the 7100!). Some initialisation bugs need addressing, repeat flags etc need to be added.

Are you on to Topfield to address these issues?

I just don't understand Topfield. Their TMS PVRs are fundamentally superb and after a mere week or two of work on the ICE client they would own your market.

Offline kidhazy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 05:47:37 PM »

It does ?   I'll test that out tonight, 'cos I've never seen it happen with my TF7100PVRt.

I have a manually set timer for the Nine News repeating every night (not really sure why I don't do it through ICETV  ??? ).  It would never show as a recording on Interactive.  It was also set as a favourite on Interactive and it would show as a favourite.

As I said, maybe some testing tonight.

If this isn't working on my box as it is meant to, may also explain why I never get Interactive telling me of timer errors when I have timer clashes on the TF7100PVRt.

Cheers,
kidhazy.
Thanks,
kidhazy.

Offline kidhazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »
FYI,

When I was discussing another issue with ICETV support, David P from ICE support mentioned:

"The Topfield 7100 doesn't pass recordings back to our website. Other models of Topfield do."

So now I'm not so sure what to expect.  Though in practice I very rarely set timers on the Topfield directly, so no big issue for me.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »
Though in practice I very rarely set timers on the Topfield directly, so no big issue for me.
But think about the other ramifications of not passing info back to ICE... they won't know that an ICE timer has or hasn't been set, so you will not get the exclamation marks for non set timers shown (and perhaps also always have donuts for all recordings shown on ICE?)
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 10:51:24 PM »
Though in practice I very rarely set timers on the Topfield directly, so no big issue for me.
But think about the other ramifications of not passing info back to ICE... they won't know that an ICE timer has or hasn't been set, so you will not get the exclamation marks for non set timers shown (and perhaps also always have donuts for all recordings shown on ICE?)
[speculation]I don't think that's how it works. I think IceTV sends a bunch of new timers saying "please set these timers". The PVR responds "I set that one and that one, couldn't set this third one". The third one gets the yellow triangle. I don't think the timer conflict resolution happens at all on the IceTV side. It's just a convenience for the user to know about timers that have been set on the PVR.[/speculation]

Would be really nice if IceTV had more information about the process on their help pages.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 09:20:12 AM »
[speculation]I don't think that's how it works. I think IceTV sends a bunch of new timers saying "please set these timers". The PVR responds "I set that one and that one, couldn't set this third one". The third one gets the yellow triangle. I don't think the timer conflict resolution happens at all on the IceTV side. It's just a convenience for the user to know about timers that have been set on the PVR.[/speculation]

Would be really nice if IceTV had more information about the process on their help pages.

The speculation is correct, also on failure some PVR's will include the reason for failure to set the timer as well.

Also to clear up any confusion from above, the TF7100HDPVRt does sent back locally created timers, but the TF7100HDPlus does not.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Towies & Thunderbirds are Go!

Started by Carljh on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post April 03, 2019, 06:13:43 PM
by Carljh
question
Kitchen Nightmares USA

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies
Last post February 17, 2019, 11:48:38 AM