Author Topic: Waiting to be scheduled  (Read 1953 times)

Offline muffler

• View Profile
Waiting to be scheduled
« on: May 12, 2010, 12:47:27 PM »
I own a DP-P2 and have joined IceTV. If I use my iphone, or go to the website and record a program, they initially come up with the red symbol with the hole in it (waiting to be scheduled).
I can do this 24 hours away or a few hours from the program and the program comes and goes and my beyondwiz does not actually record it nor does the symbol change to full red.
I have done all the correct setup on the DP-P2 through Ice Guide and it has acknowledged that it is working.
But the program doesn't record. I go across to the hard dive and check under File Play and nothing has actually recorded.
If I use the program guide within the DP-P2 (say a few hours ahead) and hit the record, the majority of times it records correctly (one case it recorded an hour program for 4 minutes and then disconnected it - still trying to work that one out)
I have tried having the DP-P2 in standby and also left it switched on all the time. It won't record onto the hard drive when using the website or iphone.
What am I doing wrong, or what setting have I missed?

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting to be scheduled
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 02:16:02 PM »
Are you leaving on the unit and/or setting a wakeup timer at least on a daily basis to wake the unit up so it can receive the schedules (it can't get them while it is in standby, so ICE queues it until the Wiz is alive, and then the Wiz polls every 30mins or so,  you can see from the ICE status window in the Wiz the polling interval for the EPG and Interactive timers)?   Does your ICE setup on the Wiz work (you can check from the ICE setup screen)?
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline muffler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:18:47 PM »
Thanks for your reply. The problem escalated. Yesterday, everything was working fine (the icetv setup was fine).
Today I couldn't enable Icetv. This appeared to hapen just after I registered for twelve months (have been testing it using the free three months that comes with the unit).
I have cleared all the caches out (both IceTV and normal EPG). I now have all the epg station programs back on normal.
Soon as I selected enable for IceTV (Owner ID and password okay as it works on the internet) and then check user id it thought for a minute then came back with "unknown" problem. I sent an email off to IceTV explaining problem and what to do. With no reply, I thought, what have I to lose, I'll try again.
Tonight (20 minutes ago), I went back in and tried again through IceTV Guide and presto, everything is working fine. Go figure!
I'm now about to try and program through the iphone and internet to see if this will now work. I'll let you know the results.
Yes, I have set up a 10 minute daily repeat window at 4am in the morning for the unit to switich on from standby and then back to standby to download IceTV epg updates

Offline muffler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:41:16 PM »
Have now programmed two shows from my iphone and both are now downloaded into my timer list, and both have full red circles since ending up in the timer list. Just checked, and one has started recording. I'm expecting the second one to follow suite.
Now if I can just work out if it was anything I did, IceTV did, or the gods were smiling on me.
I don't think it was clearing the cache that made it work because it still wouldn't work after doing this.
The question in the back of my mind is, "What is the time that IceTV takes in changing subscriptions? Is the system fully automated or changeovers (and maybe resets) don't happen to a set time in the day". Or maybe that was pure coincidence.
Sorry that I can't say for future users having the same frustration, that all you need to do is Step one ...
Such is the life of an electronic user!

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Remote recording doesn't work - "This show is waiting to be sent to device"

Started by commsman on Windows 7 Media Center

2 Replies
Last post June 27, 2015, 06:01:33 PM
by commsman
xx
Waiting to be scheduled???

Started by allie181 on Beyonwiz

8 Replies