Author Topic: Suspected Inaccuracies in EPG  (Read 2828 times)

Offline stevematheson

• View Profile
Suspected Inaccuracies in EPG
« on: October 20, 2008, 09:37:40 PM »
I have experienced a number of cases as follows.
  • The EPG has shown a program as being on both the regular and the HD channel.
  • The HD channel has been recorded on my Beyonwiz DP-P2.
  • On reviewing, it is clear the program wasn't in fact shown on the HD channel.
  • Example: Late Show With David Letterman on SC10 - I have actually recorded both channels on over a number of nights, and yes, the HD channel did not show the program as indicated in the EPG - all I got was the SC10's HD demo loop.

How does IceTV attempt to maintain accuracy?

I respect IceTV may well be receiving incorrect information from other sources but hopefully we can collectively (eg through this forum) iron out inaccuracies over time.

Steve

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Suspected Inaccuracies in EPG
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:20:45 AM »
I have experienced a number of cases as follows.
  • The EPG has shown a program as being on both the regular and the HD channel.
  • The HD channel has been recorded on my Beyonwiz DP-P2.
  • On reviewing, it is clear the program wasn't in fact shown on the HD channel.
  • Example: Late Show With David Letterman on SC10 - I have actually recorded both channels on over a number of nights, and yes, the HD channel did not show the program as indicated in the EPG - all I got was the SC10's HD demo loop.

How does IceTV attempt to maintain accuracy?

I respect IceTV may well be receiving incorrect information from other sources but hopefully we can collectively (eg through this forum) iron out inaccuracies over time.

Steve

IceTV is very limited in what "other sources" they can use to correct their guide. Their use of published schedules to do this is the main reason that IceTV is currently in court defending itself against claims by Nine of breach of copyright.

As a result, there is currently a court order prohibiting IceTV from using published schedules to correct their own schedule. This includes information from the schedules passed on to them by other people. They are apparently allowed to use information from station program promotions. For more information, have a look at IceTV Corporate News (both pages, the first post on this was in Aug 2007), or search the forum for terms like "nine", "copyright", "court".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Share via facebook Share via twitter