Author Topic: Schedule Updated Infrequently  (Read 4951 times)

Offline kiwi

• View Profile
Schedule Updated Infrequently
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:37:05 AM »
The schedule on my DPP2 is updated infrequently.

On the ICE Guide setup page on the PVR I get scrolling messages saying things like:

"Wait 28 minutes before next scheduler state sending"

this changes every minute until time = 0.

When the timer reaches zero the next message is usually:
MSG "Request ignored because it's being made too often"

On the ICE website "My Account" page it says:

"Last EPG Fetch: 5 March 2011 at 09:59 am with Beyonwiz" however the current time is 11:35 am so I would have expected it to update 3 times since then.

I suspect the Beonwiz was probably switched on at about 09:59 and that may be why that fetch was successful.

Any ideas?

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Schedule Updated Infrequently
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »
It is a bit strange what you mention, but the guide isn't very "fluid" anyway, I would say ICE would be lucky to make 2 or 3 changes to the current days schedule per day (if that?).  At any time during the day while it is left on, does that update, or only on power on?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline kiwi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 05:02:16 PM »
I think it does update sometimes while turned on.  Can't be certian.

Is the schedule update "pushed" from ICE or is it "pulled" by the PVR?  It certianly looks to me like the PVR is trying to "pull" the data every 30 minutes.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:27:58 PM »
Is the schedule update "pushed" from ICE or is it "pulled" by the PVR?  ...
Pulled. Timers, too.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline tonydav

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
Pulled. Timers, too.

I have this issue too.

Updated on the website, and then it didn't update in the Beyonwiz until ages after (and missed the recording).

What's with the

Is this from IceTV?

If I update my recordings via the web or via an iPhone app how soon should this be reflected in the Beyonwiz?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 09:12:22 AM »
Pulled. Timers, too.

I have this issue too.

Updated on the website, and then it didn't update in the Beyonwiz until ages after (and missed the recording).

What's with the

Is this from IceTV?
Yes, it's an error from IceTV.

If I update my recordings via the web or via an iPhone app how soon should this be reflected in the Beyonwiz?
Read The Fine FAQ. That I linked to. It's in there.

Offline tonydav

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 10:13:03 AM »
Pulled. Timers, too.

I have this issue too.

What's with the

Is this from IceTV?
Yes, it's an error from IceTV.

Read The Fine FAQ. That I linked to. It's in there.

So is the error message a problem or something expected?  There's nothing in the FAQ about it. Should I log a call with IceTV support? It took a lot longer than 30 minutes for my system to update, and I couldn't force an update as it mentions in the FAQ.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:37:16 AM »
Please put your own text outside the quote markers. You can use the Preview button to see how your post will look before posting it.

The error message is one that is printed when the Beyonwiz tries to do an IceTV update sooner that the IceTV server has told it to do its next update. The most common reason for this is that the Beyonwiz has been shut down for a short time and restarted. It always tries to do an IceTV update shortly after it restarts. If it's been shut down for only a short time, then the update request will be too early. However, it can also happen when the IceTV server is busy and decides that updates should be done less frequently than usual (I haven't noticed that actually happening for some time). When a request is made to the IceTV server, the server tells the PVR how long to wait before the next request, no matter whether the current request succeeded or failed. getting the error repeated several times in the course of a night when the PVR is just left running is not normal behaviour.

Forcing a resend from the IceTV Web page is unlikely to help with the problem, because all it does is to tell the server that at the next update, it should send all the IceTV information, not just the changes, as it would normally do. The error message indicates that the server is not letting you do an update at all, so the forced extra information can't be sent anyway.

It can sometimes be a bit troublesome getting IceTV running smoothly after some changes (like the PVR time zone change when DST starts or ends) or after some errors. It can take a few days for it to flow through and start working again.

I'd suggest re-enabling IceTV, keeping a look out for whether timers are being sent to the Beyonwiz and setting them manually when necessary. Do this for 3-4 days, and if the timers haven't started being updated correctly, then talk to IceTV support about it.

What firmware are you running in your Beyonwiz (SETUP>System>Firmware>Firmware Information)?

Offline tonydav

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 11:02:59 AM »
Please put your own text outside the quote markers. You can use the Preview button to see how your post will look before posting it.

Sorry - just following your example above :).

The error message is one that is printed when the Beyonwiz tries to do an IceTV update sooner that the IceTV server has told it to do its next update. The most common reason for this is that the Beyonwiz has been shut down for a short time and restarted. It always tries to do an IceTV update shortly after it restarts. If it's been shut down for only a short time, then the update request will be too early. However, it can also happen when the IceTV server is busy and decides that updates should be done less frequently than usual (I haven't noticed that actually happening for some time). When a request is made to the IceTV server, the server tells the PVR how long to wait before the next request, no matter whether the current request succeeded or failed. getting the error repeated several times in the course of a night when the PVR is just left running is not normal behaviour.

Forcing a resend from the IceTV Web page is unlikely to help with the problem, because all it does is to tell the server that at the next update, it should send all the IceTV information, not just the changes, as it would normally do. The error message indicates that the server is not letting you do an update at all, so the forced extra information can't be sent anyway.

It can sometimes be a bit troublesome getting IceTV running smoothly after some changes (like the PVR time zone change when DST starts or ends) or after some errors. It can take a few days for it to flow through and start working again.

I'd suggest re-enabling IceTV, keeping a look out for whether timers are being sent to the Beyonwiz and setting them manually when necessary. Do this for 3-4 days, and if the timers haven't started being updated correctly, then talk to IceTV support about it.

What firmware are you running in your Beyonwiz (SETUP>System>Firmware>Firmware Information)?

At work so can't check, but it's the latest - dated 30 November 2010.

I'll keep an eye on this. Normally it all works fine but been having issues the last few weeks and thought this might relate.

Will test by making a change and checking the Beyonwiz 40 mins later to see if it's flowed through. As you said, updating the Beyonwiz (e.g. Firmware) can take a few days to settle.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »

Sorry - just following your example above :).
:-[
At work so can't check, but it's [the firmware] the latest - dated 30 November 2010.
Will test by making a change and checking the Beyonwiz 40 mins later to see if it's flowed through. As you said, updating the Beyonwiz (e.g. Firmware) can take a few days to settle.
The most recent firmware is 01.05.350/01.07.350 from 4 Jan 2011.

Updating the firmware doesn't usually cause any problems with IceTV, but it's probably sensible not to confuse things by doing an update while you're trying to find the cause of the problem. The Nov 2010 firmware should be fine (or no worse than the most recent firmware) as far as IceTV goes.

Offline tonydav

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 01:31:44 AM »
Hmm, strange, but on the Beyonwiz site the 1.07.350 is commented as "December 2010" and the date on the download is actually 30 November 2010.  (I.e. the file is called "DPP2TB_Firmware_30Nov2010_ver_0107350.wrp".  I assumed this was the latest.  Is there a January version?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 09:51:37 AM »
Hmm, strange, but on the Beyonwiz site the 1.07.350 is commented as "December 2010" and the date on the download is actually 30 November 2010.  (I.e. the file is called "DPP2TB_Firmware_30Nov2010_ver_0107350.wrp".  I assumed this was the latest.  Is there a January version?
The dates are a bit odd. The 350 firmware was first released to beta testers on 3 Dec 2010, and then it was released publicly on 4 Jan 2011. The only firmware release in the 01.07 firmware series in Nov 2010 was 01.07.069 on 5 Nov 2010. It could be that 30 Nov was when the firmware update package was finalised and given to Beyonwiz in-house testers. No idea about the December 2010 comment on the Beyonwiz download page.

It's normally better, if possible, to post version numbers rather than use release dates or the dates on the release files.

Offline tonydav

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »
Point taken.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Recordings being scheduled that shouldn't be...

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post October 09, 2018, 10:09:28 AM
by prl
question
U4 schedule change produces multiple timers for same program

Started by IanL-S on Beyonwiz

10 Replies
Last post March 18, 2018, 07:26:50 PM
by grumpy_geoff
question
ICETV scheduled recordings not showing in T4 EPG.

Started by BitBucket on Beyonwiz

5 Replies
Last post February 24, 2018, 10:34:33 AM
by grumpy_geoff
xx
What the HECK is going on? No TV guide or schedule at ALL!!

Started by Greg_w_h on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post March 11, 2017, 08:53:22 AM
by MD