Author Topic: Problem With Schedule episode on series recordings  (Read 2270 times)

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
Problem With Schedule episode on series recordings
« on: March 07, 2016, 11:28:16 AM »
I have a problem with scheduling episodes on series recordings where the series recording is set for First runs only but I also want to record an individual repeat episode.

To illustrate the point I can reproduce the problem with these steps:
1 create a series recording for "Who do you think you are" for First runs only.
2 go to the repeat episode in Friday 11 Jerry Springer and select  Schedule episode on
3 do a fetch on the pvr and confirm that the episode is set to record on the pvr and is shown as recording in icetv
4 do the same for the episode on Saturday 12th Nigel Havers and select Schedule episode on
5 do another fetch on the pvr and note that the Nigel Havers episode is now on the pvr but the Jerry Springer episode has been deleted. This is also reflected on icetv

The same problem can occur automatically, where a repeat episode is manually set to record, if a new episode is scheduled, when the new episode automatically gets sent to the pvr, the manually set repeat episode is deleted.

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Problem With Schedule episode on series recordings
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 12:31:20 PM »
No response from anybody, so maybe I'm the only one who has this issue or nobody else tries to record additional individual episodes of series recordings.
The individual episodes of Who do you think you are that I tried to set up have now automatically been removed from my device. I will probably raise a support request as this function appears not to work properly, the only way to record repeat episodes is to set the recording to both first runs and repeats and then delete all of the repeats that I haven't seen.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 01:06:33 PM »
I can replicate the problem.

An alternative workaround to "both first runs and repeats" and deleting unwanted episodes would be to remove the series recording for now, and add single episodes as you want to record them. Then when you think you've caught up, add a "new episodes" series recording.

But what you're trying to do seems to be a reasonable thing to want, and perhaps there should be a way to do it if there isn't one now.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 01:17:48 PM »
I can replicate the problem.

An alternative workaround to "both first runs and repeats" and deleting unwanted episodes would be to remove the series recording for now, and add single episodes as you want to record them. Then when you think you've caught up, add a "new episodes" series recording.

But what you're trying to do seems to be a reasonable thing to want, and perhaps there should be a way to do it if there isn't one now.

It used to work, I'm not sure when - ie whether it stopped working recently or maybe it worked with my previous pvr but doesn't work with the beyonwiz. It's taken me a while to realise there was a bug, for some time I just thought I'd got forgetful and thought I'd recorded an episode but must have forgotten to actually do it.

In terms of there should be a way to do it, the functionality to create the recording is there as "Schedule episode", it just doesn't work properly.

In terms of the suggested work around, that would be Ok for Who do you think you are at present as it isn't showing new episodes but would be problematic for Escape to the Country and other series that mix new and repeats where I don't want to have to manually add both the new episodes and older episodes that I may want to record.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 02:52:50 PM »
I have a problem with scheduling episodes on series recordings where the series recording is set for First runs only but I also want to record an individual repeat episode.

To illustrate the point I can reproduce the problem with these steps:
1 create a series recording for "Who do you think you are" for First runs only.
2 go to the repeat episode in Friday 11 Jerry Springer and select  Schedule episode on
3 do a fetch on the pvr and confirm that the episode is set to record on the pvr and is shown as recording in icetv
4 do the same for the episode on Saturday 12th Nigel Havers and select Schedule episode on
5 do another fetch on the pvr and note that the Nigel Havers episode is now on the pvr but the Jerry Springer episode has been deleted. This is also reflected on icetv

The same problem can occur automatically, where a repeat episode is manually set to record, if a new episode is scheduled, when the new episode automatically gets sent to the pvr, the manually set repeat episode is deleted.

Hi Simon,

Where are setting the single recording from? Website, phone app, widget?

Which brand and model of recorder are you setting the recording for?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »
Hi Dave

I'm using the iPhone app to record the individual show.  My pvr is a beyonwiz T3.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 04:42:37 PM »
On the website you can click on the episode with the grey icon and click on the "Record this episode" link (at the end of the sentence that says why this episode is not set to record).

I'll do some tests later on my T4 and Android app.

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 05:00:19 PM »
On the website you can click on the episode with the grey icon and click on the "Record this episode" link (at the end of the sentence that says why this episode is not set to record).

I'll do some tests later on my T4 and Android app.
Yes, it appears to have the same problem if you do it through the website too.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 05:19:28 PM »
Yes, it appears to have the same problem if you do it through the website too.

Yes. I should have said that I tested it through the web site, but I should have said that I did it by using the "Schedule new recording link" and set it to "Single". If I use the "Record this episode" link as Dave suggested, it works.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:24:45 PM by prl »

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 05:41:25 PM »
Aha, pressing the Record this episode link will remove an episode that was added using the schedule episode from the iPhone but the episodes created using Record this episode appear to be persistent.

So maybe the issue is just with the way that the app does Schedule episode. It's difficult to compare the options on the app vs the website as they are quite different.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
SEAL Team & Hawaii Five-O problems with my Beyonwiz

Started by vader1111 on General Discussions

1 Replies
Last post June 27, 2019, 04:07:47 PM
by prl
xx
Manual Channel Tuning Problems

Started by Wills13 on General Discussions

0 Replies
Last post January 23, 2019, 10:37:23 PM