Author Topic: P2 now losing pre programmed schedules when ICETV updates  (Read 2919 times)

Offline turbo

• View Profile
P2 now losing pre programmed schedules when ICETV updates
« on: January 18, 2011, 08:56:33 PM »
I have 2 DP-P2 units on the current firmware. (01.07.055)
One Unit is in Regional Vic
One Unit is in Metro Vic

Each unit has manual timer settings added  (eg 6 - 7pm each night for the news etc)

I also have IceTV chasing various programs and dropping them on the scheduled timer list

In the last week,  both units are now removing the manual timer entries every day or so meaning they have to be re added
IceTV  is still sending out the odd show and this seems to be working ok.

Anyone else with this problem ?

Thanks

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: P2 now losing pre programmed schedules when ICETV updates
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:09:32 AM »
My single manual timer (weekly repeat) is still doing its thing, and the IceTV timers are doing theirs (ACT IceTv guide, DP-Lite, 01.07.350 beta firmware)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline raymondjpg

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:48:27 AM »
IIRC on an Ice enabled P2 the manual timers have to be set as repeats i.e. daily, weekly, whatever or they are liable to disappear.
Topfield TF7100HDPVRt, Beyonwiz DP-P2, Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200, Hauppauge WinTV-MiniStick 01240, Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:01:24 AM »
IIRC on an Ice enabled P2 the manual timers have to be set as repeats i.e. daily, weekly, whatever or they are liable to disappear.
Well, if a timer is set to be a "once only" timer, I'd expect it not to repeat, and when it's been recorded, I'd expect it to go from the timer list. That's got nothing to do with IceTV. Is it any different on other PVRs?

Offline raymondjpg

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
Well, if a timer is set to be a "once only" timer, I'd expect it not to repeat, and when it's been recorded, I'd expect it to go from the timer list. That's got nothing to do with IceTV. Is it any different on other PVRs?

What I mean is that a timer on an Ice enabled P2 set manually as a once-off appears to be liable to deletion courtesy of the Ice server before it starts recording. IIRC this behaviour can happen as the P2 wakes up to start the manual recording.

I have in the past tried to combine consecutive recordings on the P2 by extending the recording time of the first show and deleting the second on the P2. Somehow, whatever is registered on the Ice server has overridden that strategy. The only way to achieve combining two consecutive recordings is to first delete the shows from the Ice server, make sure that deletion has been registered on the P2 through a fetch, then combine the two recordings into one on the P2 and set as a repeat.

This is laborious and can be achieved more easily on the Topfield where combined consecutive program recordings set up on the PVR are tolerated by the Ice server and not deleted or modified, even where the two shows are still registered on Ice interactive to record separately.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 11:36:11 AM »
I have in the past tried to combine consecutive recordings on the P2 by extending the recording time of the first show and deleting the second on the P2. Somehow, whatever is registered on the Ice server has overridden that strategy. The only way to achieve combining two consecutive recordings is to first delete the shows from the Ice server, make sure that deletion has been registered on the P2 through a fetch, then combine the two recordings into one on the P2 and set as a repeat.

This is laborious and can be achieved more easily on the Topfield where combined consecutive program recordings set up on the PVR are tolerated by the Ice server and not deleted or modified, even where the two shows are still registered on Ice interactive to record separately.
Ok, that's not what I was talking about. On the Beyonwiz, you definitely mess with IceTV-set timers at your own peril. What you describe on the Topfield sounds like a much better arrangement than the usual Beyonwiz "record separately, play consecutively" solution.

I hadn't considered that turbo might be talking about hand-modifying IceTV timers. Are you, turbo?

Offline raymondjpg

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »
What you describe on the Topfield sounds like a much better arrangement than the usual Beyonwiz "record separately, play consecutively" solution.

I hadn't considered that turbo might be talking about hand-modifying IceTV timers. Are you, turbo?

I should probably not have used the combined consecutive recordings as an example. Rather that a one-off timer set manually on the Topfield is not overridden by what is (not) on the Ice server, and will eventually show up as a scheduled recording (solid red circle) on the Ice server.

I don't think turbo is hand-modifying IceTV timers. It seemed to me that manual timers may have been set on the P2 as one-offs rather than as repeats.

Offline turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 12:53:32 PM »
I have been setting a daily timer in the P2 to pick up a few hours of news/current affair each night.
They have been sitting there quite nicely.

ICETV then drops in the once off programs usually as part of a series.  (I do not manually modify the IceTV)

All this seems to have worked for the last 9 months without a problem  (on both Vic metro and Vic regional P2 units)

As the daily manual timer entries are now being removed by something in the last 1-2 weeks I have now told ICETV to get all the daily recordings rather than putting in a manual entry.

It is not a show stopper, just wondering if anyone else had this problem ?

Offline raymondjpg

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 01:35:55 PM »
I have been setting a daily timer in the P2 to pick up a few hours of news/current affair each night.
They have been sitting there quite nicely.

ICETV then drops in the once off programs usually as part of a series.  (I do not manually modify the IceTV)

All this seems to have worked for the last 9 months without a problem  (on both Vic metro and Vic regional P2 units)

As the daily manual timer entries are now being removed by something in the last 1-2 weeks I have now told ICETV to get all the daily recordings rather than putting in a manual entry.

It is not a show stopper, just wondering if anyone else had this problem ?

If your manual timers are set as daily repeats then it looks like a change in behaviour, possibly due to changes at Ice's end, or possibly a firmware update on the P2.

I haven't seen this behaviour, as I haven't set any manual timers on the P2 for some time.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 01:51:04 PM »
I can imagine that this could come about if your daily/one off timers you create happen to overlap or co-incide with ones that ICEtv would set due to a keyword match or series recording, then ICE will try to manage that timer (inc delete... ).

As you notice, any timers you create manually do indeed light up red dots in the iceguide, but normally ICE doesn't delete or muck about with them.   I see that for my daily wakeup/view only timer at 4:00am on ABC where ICE shows this in the guide sometimes.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
P2 wiz HDD problem - and what's the best replacement PVR now?

Started by dddp on Beyonwiz

4 Replies
Last post March 30, 2017, 06:48:42 PM
by Dave at IceTV
xx
Townsville 9Life EPG not going to P1 & P2 but ok on T3

Started by mcratt on Beyonwiz

1 Replies
Last post August 09, 2016, 12:24:31 PM
by Dave at IceTV
xx

Started by mister_bimbo on Beyonwiz