Author Topic: Nothing showing in Timers  (Read 4540 times)

Offline dames

• View Profile
Nothing showing in Timers
« on: March 02, 2011, 12:25:31 PM »
I have purchased a Beyonwiz Fv-L1 recently and also purchased ICETV. After setting up ICETV on my PVR, i can't seem to get anything to appear under my timers from settings show(s) remotely. I have tried everything about clearing the cache, re scanning and the like and yet nothing. When i check my user name in the PVR everything seems to be working. Can anyone one help me or have i blown $99.
Cheers
Damian

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing showing in Timers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:12:36 PM »
I have purchased a Beyonwiz Fv-L1 recently and also purchased ICETV. After setting up ICETV on my PVR, i can't seem to get anything to appear under my timers from settings show(s) remotely. I have tried everything about clearing the cache, re scanning and the like and yet nothing. When i check my user name in the PVR everything seems to be working. Can anyone one help me or have i blown $99.
Cheers
Damian
You're not giving anyone much to go on here.

Do you get the IceTV EPG? Have you enabled IceTV in SETUP>Network>IceTV? What do you see in the status window in SETUP>Network>IceTV? Do you know it can take up to 30 minutes from when you set recordings on IceTV to when the Beyonwiz contacts the IceTV server to fetch them? Do you know that timers aren't sent at all from the IceTV server unless they are four days or less in the future?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline dames

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
1. Yes I can see the IceTV EPG
2. I have enabled IceTV in the setup and the status window tells me that it will update in 25min
3. I do know it can take 30min to show up
4 No i didn't know this but i have set shows that are on for tomorrow and the next and still nothing showing up.

Cheers
Damian

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »
What do you see in the status window in SETUP>Network>IceTV? Do you see messages saying how long to the next update? When the update time for timers (I think the status window calls them "scheduled tasks") comes around, what messages do you see?

Offline dames

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 03:55:13 PM »
I'll check again tonight, but from memory it has up to 3 lines telling me different time to update 25min or 5 min, something like that.
Cheers
Damian

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 04:27:30 PM »
I'll check again tonight, but from memory it has up to 3 lines telling me different time to update 25min or 5 min, something like that.
Cheers
Damian
OK, that's good, but the lines should update (every 5 minutes IIRC) telling you how long to the next update. When that update time comes, what happens then? That's the important information.

Offline dames

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »
Cheers,
I will check tonight .Thanks

Offline dames

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 06:22:31 PM »
So i have now checked and the MSG's are as follows

Check User Info: Ping OK

Success on processing EPG
Wait 8 min to get scheduler task
Wait 1 min before next Checking.

Still nothing.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 09:08:31 PM »
Do you get an error message saying "invalid task" at the end of the time to get scheduler tasks (keep an eye on it when it comes).   When you make changes or do big things to the PVR (e.g. alter the clock and, say delete all the timers) it seems to confuse the ICE protocol and might take a couple of days to settle down.   Talking about clock, is your clock the correct time and date?  And your offset to GMT?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 09:08:29 AM »
It's strange that there's nothing in the status window at the time that it's supposed to do the timer (scheduler task) update. Doesn't it even come around again and start the next fetch cycle five minutes or so later when it should put up something like: "Wait 25 min to get scheduler task"?

Have you tried going to My Account>TV Recorders on your IceTV Web pages and clicking on "Resend all recordings" (or "Resend all recordings for all devices", with a single device it doesn't matter which)?

This is beginning to sound like something that can only be solved by having IceTV Support look at your server logs.

Offline dames

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 12:40:50 PM »
I upgraded to the latest firmware last night and at the end of everything the shows were showing up. I then added some extra shows and waited. Nothing again. I then checked this morning and still nothing. I have asked IceTV for support yesterday and i am still waiting to here back from them.

Offline brianh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 03:17:52 PM »
Looks like I will need to talk to them also.

I've been trying to set two timers on Channel 10, starting yesterday about midday. Unit is a refurbed P2 with the latest FW (~.350). No timers appeared yesterday at any time.  Today I tried re-sending them from the web page,  waiting for the task scheduler, it would come & go with nothing transferring & no error message.   

The shows are shown each weekday amd I have them set as a series.... don't know if that makes any difference.

I've had to set them manually or otherwise I would be in big trouble if they didn't record.  The things we do for a peaceful life......

Cheers,
Brian

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 04:05:20 PM »
Looks like I will need to talk to them also.

I've been trying to set two timers on Channel 10, starting yesterday about midday. Unit is a refurbed P2 with the latest FW (~.350). No timers appeared yesterday at any time.  Today I tried re-sending them from the web page,  waiting for the task scheduler, it would come & go with nothing transferring & no error message.   

The shows are shown each weekday amd I have them set as a series.... don't know if that makes any difference.

I've had to set them manually or otherwise I would be in big trouble if they didn't record.  The things we do for a peaceful life......

Cheers,
Brian
Just a thought, is Oprah one of the timers.
Its flagged as a repeat.  Time set for first runs only?
BeyonWiz, T3

Offline brianh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »
Nope, all timers set for firsts and repeats....  nice try though  :)

Share via facebook Share via twitter