Author Topic: No program data for channel 9 on a frequent basis  (Read 3282 times)

Offline itstonyb

• View Profile
No program data for channel 9 on a frequent basis
« on: March 15, 2009, 11:21:44 PM »
Would someone from ICE plesae expalin why I am frequently seeing either "Channel 9 and Affiliates only" or "N/A" instead of program data? This appears on the interaractive Ice Guide and my Beyonwiz guide (Perth). My local newspaper has the programe data do whats the stoy ice? My 3 month trial is almost up and I am deciding whether to spend the $'s and renew or ...? 

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: No program data for channel 9 on a frequent basis
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 12:11:10 AM »
I guess you missed the whole huge story about the court case then?  http://www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=210

I am trying to find the forum messages that discuss the implications of this case, but can't seem to find it quickly at the moment.

ICE can't just copy what is in the guides.   Nine owns that information thru HWW, and took ICE to court over it, claiming that, even though ICE essentially used an algorithm of "what was on last week is going to be similar to this week, but will check the guides for the odd innaccuracy and fix accordingly" is breaching their copyright.
Regards
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:18:10 AM by tonymy01 »
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
RBT is a single 1-hour episodes, not two half-hour episodes

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies
Last post July 18, 2019, 05:52:33 PM
by prl
xx
Graham Norton Show Friday 28th June

Started by simoncasey on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post June 29, 2019, 12:05:53 PM