Author Topic: New to P2 & Ice TV  (Read 2234 times)

Offline macy517

• View Profile
New to P2 & Ice TV
« on: July 03, 2010, 10:49:01 PM »
I have just recently got a P2 and subscribed to ICE TV.  I have no idea as to the full functionality of the two together.  I have tried setting a recording from my iPhone but found it didnt record on the P2.  Does the P2 have to be left on to record??  Is there an idiots guide to Ice TV & the P2.  I dont think I'm getting the full benefit out of the two.  Any help thanks.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New to P2 & Ice TV
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:20:30 PM »
I have just recently got a P2 and subscribed to ICE TV.  I have no idea as to the full functionality of the two together.  I have tried setting a recording from my iPhone but found it didnt record on the P2.  Does the P2 have to be left on to record??  Is there an idiots guide to Ice TV & the P2.  I dont think I'm getting the full benefit out of the two.  Any help thanks.

The P2 has to be on to communicate with IceTV. It contacts IceTV about every 30 minutes to update timers. Once the timers are set, it will wake automatically from standby to record.

There's information about how to use IceTV on the IceTV Help pages. In particular, Setting up IceTV and Beyonwiz DP-S1, DP-P1, DP-P2 and DP-Lite PVRs. Or more generally the Beyonwiz help.

Without knowing what you've set up, it's hard to guess what other advice to give.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 06:17:56 AM »
Without knowing what you've set up, it's hard to guess what other advice to give.

I leave my BW's in standby when not being used, but I have manually set up a daily "view only" timer set for an hour.
Allows them to wake up, and pull in anything new.

BeyonWiz, T3

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 01:26:37 PM »

I leave my BW's in standby when not being used, but I have manually set up a daily "view only" timer set for an hour.
Allows them to wake up, and pull in anything new.

I only do that on my H1, which has a much lower recording load than my S1. The S1 comes out of standby easily frequently enough to keep its EPG and recording timers updated as well as it would with a daily view timer.

But I was referring to not having enough information from the OP about issue other than the simple one of the Beyonwiz needing to run in order to exchange information with IceTV.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Suggestion: Email newsletter of pilot episodes

Started by Peter_H on General Discussions

2 Replies
Last post June 20, 2019, 10:59:30 PM
by Peter_H
xx
New SBS channel

Started by Melb137 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2019, 01:04:41 PM