Author Topic: Naming on T4  (Read 2539 times)

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
Naming on T4
« on: July 09, 2016, 12:00:28 PM »
These two things may or may not be connected.  Last week, one of the shows that recorded on the T4 (for Chl 10) had the wrong name (it was named the show before or after it, can't remember which)  The correct show did record, so I forgot about it.
I now notice that 3 shows next week have no name.  They are on Chl 9, but after that the same shows are OK again.  Not sure what that means, should I worry?  The first one is for Tuesday, so may come good before then...
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
Re: Naming on T4
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »
Hi Judy,

This used to happen when the Beyonwiz sets a timer more than 7 days ahead, while the guide beyond day 7 was blank.

It could also happen if the guide for the current week was blank or partially blank. Check the guide on the T4 to see if Tuesday is showing information for channel 9. Have a look at 3am, midday and 7pm.

The cause of blank gaps in the guide was fixed in Jan-Feb.

The way to fix timers with blank titles was as follows (credit to whoever discovered the process)

1. Long-press the POWER button then select 'Restart GUI'.
2. Wait for IceTV to complete its update, or click on 'Fetch EPG and update timers now' in the IceTV plugin.
3. Long-press the POWER button then select 'Restart GUI' again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 05:06:38 PM »
Sorry to contradict you Dave, but I think what you're describing are the reasons for missing descriptions, not missing names.

Timer names are unconditionally set in the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin directly from the "name" field in the JSON timer object sent from IceTV. The only reason that the name would be missing at that point would be that the name was empty (or all spaces), or not present in the JSON object. Similarly if the name is incorrect in the JSON object.

If the name is not in the JSON timer object or is empty (but not all spaces), the Beyonwiz's common timer creation code will also try to fill in the name from the EPG. That will fail if the timer is for a time outside the span of the current EPG. This process can also assign the wrong name and description if the event being recorded is short compared to the post-padding, but it will only assign the wrong name if the name was missing or empty in the IceTV JSON timer object.

I'm not ruling out the timer name subsequently getting reset in the Beyonwiz code, but that's something I haven't come across.

The fix procedure you've described will work if, in the meantime, the name has changed in the timer data sent from IceTV (but the EIT id stayed the same), or if the name was originally empty in the IceTV timer and couldn't be assigned from the EPG, but it can be assigned now.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 09:54:03 PM »
Well, I did what Dave suggested (figuring it can't hurt) and it worked!!!  So, not sure what that means, but...  ;D

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 11:48:32 AM »
That's good. What Dave suggested as a fix could fix the problem of missing or incorrect IceTV timer names, but it wouldn't necessarily fix them. It just depends on exactly what caused the problem, and what has changed in the meantime.

Offline vader1111

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 11:18:02 AM »
I'm having a similar problem to what "Dave at IceTV" discussed.

I have a Beyonwiz T2, running the current version of the firmware.

Most of my timers are for ABC and SBS shows, and almost none of them are populated with episode titles and show descriptions.  The ABC shows almost always appear more than 7 days ahead, sometimes up to 10 days ahead.  It's not unusual for SBS shows to appear more than 7 days ahead as well.  None of these "early" timers are fully populated.

Dave's post lists a workaround for this situation, which involves multiple GUI re-starts.  This is acceptable as a one-off solution. It's not acceptable as something that would need to be done repeatedly (noting that 80% of my timers have this problem).

Is there some way of setting up my T2 so that it doesn't "fetch" timers that are more than 7 days away?  Is it possible for IceTV to change their system, so that they don't "send" timers more than 7 days ahead?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 01:32:11 PM »
... Is there some way of setting up my T2 so that it doesn't "fetch" timers that are more than 7 days away? ...
No, that's controlled from the IceTV side. We record a lot of ABC and SBS, and we only very occasionally have this sort of problem.

Offline vader1111

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 01:53:21 PM »
... Is there some way of setting up my T2 so that it doesn't "fetch" timers that are more than 7 days away? ...
No, that's controlled from the IceTV side. We record a lot of ABC and SBS, and we only very occasionally have this sort of problem.
I've had this problem ever since the T2 was brand new.  I'll post a list of shows later, together with their status.

Offline vader1111

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 11:07:34 AM »
As promised, here is the list of current IceTV timers on my Beyonwiz.  Those marked with a "***" are missing episode titles and/or descriptions.

SBS Network
The Greatest Knight: William Marshall
The Celts: Part 2 ***
Mythbusters "Vacuum Violence" ***
Raised by Wolves "Mehmesis" ***
Raised by Wolves "The iPhone, the Bitch, and the Wardrobe" ***

Prime Network
AFL:  Championship Season 2016 Semi Final 2 - Sydney vs Adelaide
Mrs Brown's Boys "Mammy's Christmas Punch"
Mrs Brown's Boys "Mammy's Widow's Memories"

Southern Cross (9) Network
Cycling: Full Cycle TV
Unforgettable ***

Win (10) Network
Have You Been Paying Attention?

ABC Network
QI "Mix and Match" ***
The Code "Part 4" ***
The Tunnel: Sabotage "Part 4" ***

Of the 8 ABC & SBS timers, only 1 has a description - and that timer was created inside the 7 day window.
All of the Prime & Win timers have descriptions.
1 of 2 Southern Cross (9) timers has a description.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:17:58 AM by vader1111 »

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
File naming

Started by Carljh on SKIPPA

6 Replies
Last post March 11, 2016, 09:56:17 PM
by Dave at IceTV
question
Renaming Channels in Vista Media Centre gives Interactive a headache

Started by mmmason on Smart Recording website and General questions

4 Replies