Author Topic: Loosing ABC Recordings  (Read 2877 times)

Offline kiwi

• View Profile
Loosing ABC Recordings
« on: March 21, 2011, 08:19:32 AM »
I am having some trouble recording from ABC.

When the Beyonwiz updates it often shows an error icon beside all of the ABC recordings.  I then have to manualy change the channel from channel 0 to channel 2 or it fails to record.  Sometimes it works fine.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Loosing ABC Recordings
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 09:31:44 AM »
Any ideas what might be going on?
Not really. The description's a bit vague.

Do you mean that the timers for the recording are being sent, but they don't have the correct LCN/service name? And what is "channel 0"? The LCN/service number isn't normally displayed in the Timer edit box. LCN 0 is not used in Australia. I have a feeling it's not a legitimate LCN at all. And VHF broadcast channel 0 isn't used for digital TV (only 6 and above).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:40:08 AM »
Peter, it could be the DCM in the Wiz altering the channels for ABC and "nulling" the existing timers (latest firmware feature that keeps timers rather than silently losing them when you purge channels or rescan or DCM kicks in)?
Kiwi, ensure you don't have duplicate LCN channels, perhaps your PVR is popping up the message "channel updated" when you watch ABC channels (which is DCM doing its thing... I can't remember the exact text string), and this is potentially because of duplicates or because a full rescan was not done when updated to the latest f/w so the PVR is trying to second guess why the ABC details are not quite right in its scan tables).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 11:48:23 AM »
Hi, Tony. Yes, it could be something that DCM is doing, but I still can't think of what "channel 0" refers to.

Offline kiwi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 03:00:58 PM »
Peter, it could be the DCM in the Wiz altering the channels for ABC and "nulling" the existing timers (latest firmware feature that keeps timers rather than silently losing them when you purge channels or rescan or DCM kicks in)?
Kiwi, ensure you don't have duplicate LCN channels, perhaps your PVR is popping up the message "channel updated" when you watch ABC channels (which is DCM doing its thing... I can't remember the exact text string), and this is potentially because of duplicates or because a full rescan was not done when updated to the latest f/w so the PVR is trying to second guess why the ABC details are not quite right in its scan tables).

I understand just enough of what you have said to be confident that you are on the right track!

What do you mean by duplicate LCN channels?  In the guide I have channels 2, 21, 22, 23 and 24 so in one sence I have a duplication of ABC1.  Or do you mean a duplication on the Website setup page?  If I have to remove 2 or 21 from my favorites list, which one should I remove?

What do you mean by a full re-scan?  Do I purge the program guide or do you mean to re-scan the available channels?

I think this problem did start when I updated the firmware.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 03:40:29 PM »
No, I mean duplicates like you have two LCN2 channels.  2,21,22 etc are unique LCNs.
Also look for channels now at LCN350 onwards.  These indicate an issue with receiving ABC channels from multiple locations.   Perhaps the Wiz hasn't scanned the channels properly, and is adding/removing channels from the normal list with the DCM function (dynamic channel management)... a function you can actually disable in the Wiz setup menu.
By scan/rescan, I am referring to the act of going into the Wiz setup menu and scanning for channels... e.g after a factory reset, it won't have any channels in it, so you have to do a full scan.   When you upgrade to 1.05.350, you also have to do a full scan so the Wiz has a good understanding of all the broadcasted channels, so that any future channel changes by the broadcaster can be automatically added to the Wiz channel tables using the DCM function  (if you choose to leave it enabled).
Regards

Share via facebook Share via twitter